| 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
190 lb (86 kg)
|NHL Team||New Jersey Devils|
|Born|| January 6 1995,|
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin, U.S.
|NHL Draft|| 123rd overall, 2013|
|Pro Career||2017 – present|
Will Butcher (born January 6, 1995) is an American professional ice hockey defenseman for the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League (NHL). Butcher was selected in the fifth round, 123rd overall, by the Colorado Avalanche in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Butcher played college hockey at the University of Denver from 2013 to 2017. For his play in the 2016–17 season, Butcher won the Hobey Baker Award as the best player in men's college hockey. He was also named a NCHC First-Team All-Star, NCHC Player of the Year, and NCHC Offensive Defenseman of the Year for 2016–17. He helped Denver win the 2017 NCAA Championship.
After participating in his first training camp with the Devils, Butcher made the Devils' opening night roster for the 2017–18 season. In the Devils' home opener, Butcher made his NHL debut against the Colorado Avalanche on October 7, 2017, a game in which he became the first Devils' player in franchise history to record three points in his debut, registering three assists on the power play in a 4–1 victory.
|Competitor for United States|
|World U18 Championships|
|Gold||2012 Czech Republic|
Regular season and playoffsEdit
|2010–11||Dubuque Fighting Saints||USHL||2||0||2||2||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||U.S. National Development Team||USHL||31||2||8||10||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||U.S. National Development Team||USHL||26||3||10||13||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||University of Denver||NCHC||38||8||8||16||8||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||University of Denver||NCHC||38||4||14||18||8||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||University of Denver||NCHC||39||9||23||32||19||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||University of Denver||NCHC||43||7||30||37||18||—||—||—||—||—|
|2017–18||New Jersey Devils||NHL||81||5||39||44||8||5||1||3||4||0|
|2018–19||New Jersey Devils||NHL||78||4||26||30||18||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honorsEdit
|NCHC First All-Star Team||2016, 2017|
|AHCA West Second-Team All-American||2016|
|NCHC Offensive Defenseman of the Year||2017|
|NCHC Player of the Year||2017|
|AHCA West First-Team All-American||2017|||
|NCAA All-Tournament Team||2017|||
|NCAA West First All-Star Team||2017|
|Hobey Baker Award||2017|||
- ↑ College hockey: Sun Prairie's Will Butcher becomes first Wisconsin-born player to win Hobey Baker Award (April 8, 2017). Retrieved on August 28, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Will Butcher Named Best Player in College Hockey (April 8, 2017). Retrieved on March 26, 2018.
- ↑ NCHC (March 16, 2017). Denver, WMU Take Home Top Honors at 2017 NCHC Awards Celebration.
- ↑ Butcher Helps Denver Win NCAA Championship. Colorado Avalanche (May 2, 2017). Retrieved on May 2, 2017.
- ↑ Devils agree to terms on a two-year entry-level deal with Will Butcher (August 27, 2017). Retrieved on August 28, 2017.
- ↑ Devils announce roster for start of 2017-18 NHL season (October 3, 2017). Retrieved on October 8, 2017.
- ↑ Butcher helps Devils top Avalanche (October 7, 2017). Retrieved on October 8, 2017.
- ↑ 2018 U.S. MEN'S NATIONAL TEAM ROSTER. Retrieved on April 29, 2018.
- ↑ "2016-2017 All-American Team", The American Hockey Coaches Association. Retrieved on June 21, 2017.
- ↑ "Denver Survives, Claims 8th National Championship", Inside Hockey, April 9, 2017. Retrieved on April 23, 2018.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Will Butcher. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|