|Born||November 19, 1989,|
|5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
194 lb (88 kg; 13 st 12 lb)
Undrafted out of college, Simpson joined the South Carolina Stingrays in the ECHL. During his time with the Stingrays, Simpson set a new ECHL record for most points in a playoff year during the 2015 Kelly Cup playoffs. He was loaned to the Providence Bruins during the 2014–15 season before signing a one-year contract with the Portland Pirates the following season. Simpson re-signed with the Bruins before the 2016–17 season.
As a free agent, Simpson secured his first NHL contract in signing a one-year, two-way contract with the Washington Capitals on July 11, 2017. After attending the Capitals training camp, Simpson was reassigned to AHL affiliate, the Hershey Bears for the 2017–18 season. Simpson maintained his offensive game with the Bears, playing on a scoring line and finishing third on the team in points with 42, while appearing in every game (76), unable to earn a recall to the Capitals.
Un-signed from the Capitals, Simpson as a free agent opted to continue in the AHL joining his fourth club in the Rochester Americans on a one-year contract on August 16, 2018. Simpson continued to be an offensive presence in the AHL during the 2018–19 season, posting 21 goals and 45 points appearing in 72 regular season games.
After five seasons in the AHL, Simpson left as a free agent and opted to sign abroad in agreeing to a one-year contract with German club, ERC Ingolstadt of the DEL, on July 9, 2019.
|2013–14||South Carolina Stingrays||ECHL||66||22||19||41||6||4||0||1||1||2|
|2014–15||South Carolina Stingrays||ECHL||65||16||39||55||23||27||13||25||38||8|
- Wayne Simpson.
- "Former Union hockey standout made impact in ECHL playoffs", The Daily Gazette, June 20, 2015. Retrieved on June 15, 2018.
- Pirates Sign Simpson to AHL Contract (November 14, 2015). Retrieved on June 15, 2018.
- Capitals sign Wayne Simpson to one-year, two-way contract (July 11, 2017). Retrieved on June 15, 2018.
- Simpson agrees to one-year deal with Amerks. Rochester Americans (2018-08-16). Retrieved on 2018-08-16.
- Wayne Simpson joins the ERC (German). ERC Ingolstadt (July 9, 2019). Retrieved on July 9, 2019.
- "Boxborough's Simpson giving Union hockey his best shot", Boston Globe, April 5, 2012. Retrieved on June 15, 2018.
- "Mark Divver: Wayne Simpson's been a very pleasant surprise for Providence Bruins", Providence Journal, December 8, 2016. Retrieved on June 15, 2018.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Wayne Simpson (ice hockey). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|