Teams[edit | edit source]
- (Atlantic Coast Hockey League, 1983-1987) join AAHL
- (All-American Hockey League, 1987-1988) join ECHL
- (ECHL, 1988-1990) renamed Roanoke Valley Rebels
- Roanoke Valley Rebels (ECHL, 1990-1992) renamed Rampage
- Roanoke Valley Rampage (ECHL, 1992-1993) became Huntsville Blast
- Virginia Tech Hokies (Collegiate men's club team) played in Vinton from its formation in 1984 until the collapse of the roof of LancerLot in 1993. They moved to the Roanoke Civic Center for the following season. This was also the home for the new Roanoke Express franchise.
Arenas[edit | edit source]
roof of structure started to give way during a snow storm March 13, 1993 during a game. The building was ordered evacuated and the roof collapsed later that night. The team was then forced to finish the season on the road with borrowed equipment for its final game.
- see [http:// http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roanoke_Valley_Rampage#Arena_Collapse for wikipedia article on collapse and after effects on team]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Vinton, Virginia on Wikipedia