|Born||November 16, 1992,|
|6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
216 lb (98 kg; 15 st 6 lb)
Toronto Maple Leafs
|NHL Draft||209th overall, 2012|
Toronto Maple Leafs
Viktor Lööv (born on November 16, 1992 in Södertälje) is a Swedish professional ice hockey defenceman currently playing with the Jokerit of the KHL. He was selected 209th overall by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Lööv played junior hockey with the Södertälje SK organisation.
He made his senior debut with the Södertälje SK of the Elitserien during the 2010-11 season playing 1 Kvalserien SHL game. Södertälje SK was demoted to the HockeyAllsvenskan for the next season. In this season, he also played 42 regular season games and 2 play-off games with the Södertälje SK under-20 team.
In the 2011-12 season, Lööv played 5 regular season games and 4 play-off games with the Södertälje SK junior team and 50 games with the Södertälje SK of the HockeyAllsvenskan.
On April 16, 2014, Lööv was signed to a three-year entry level contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs organisation. He spent the whole 2014-15 season with the Maple Leafs' AHL affiliate, the Toronto Marlies.
On February 18, 2016, following an injury to Matt Hunwick, Lööv was recalled by the Maple Leafs on an emergency basis, and made his NHL debut the same night, in a game against the New York Rangers. Lööv recorded his first career NHL point, an assist on a goal scored by P. A. Parenteau, less than 5 minutes into the game. All in all, Lööv played 4 games with the Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL and 55 regular season games and 11 play-off games with the Toronto Marlies of the AHL during the 2015-16 season.
Lööv would return to the Marlies the next season, and play there 41 games until a trade on February 18, 2017 (less than two weeks before the NHL trade deadline) sent him to the New Jersey Devils organisation in exchange for forward Sergey Kalinin. Lööv would finish out the season with the Devils' AHL affiliate, the Albany Devils, where he played 10 regular season games and 3 play-off games.
Lööv re-signed with the New Jersey Devils organisation on May 9, 2017, agreeing to a one-year, two-way contract worth $650,000. He was assigned to begin the 2017-18 season, with inaugural affiliate, the Binghamton Devils of the AHL. On February 8, 2018, the New Jersey Devils traded Lööv to the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Christoph Bertschy and Mario Lucia. He was immediately sent to their AHL affiliate, the Iowa Wild. Throughout the 2017-18 season, Lööv played 36 games with the Binghamton Devils and 24 games with the Iowa Wild.
|2015–16||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||4||0||2||2||0||—||—||—||—||—|
- Sodertalje team statistics. Eliteprospects.com (2 January 2013). Retrieved on 2 January 2013.
- Leafs sign Loov to three-year deal. Toronto Maple Leafs (16 April 2014). Retrieved on 16 April 2014.
- Rangers top Maple Leafs on Stepan's late goal. National Hockey League (19 February 2016).
- Maple Leafs acquire Sergey Kalinin from Devils for Viktor Loov. Sportsnet (18 February 2017). Retrieved on 18 February 2017.
- Devils Re-Sign Defenseman Viktor Loov (9 May 2017). Retrieved on 11 May 2017.
- Wild acquires Viktor Loov from New Jersey (8 February 2018). Retrieved on 8 February 2018.
- Lööv palaa pitkän tauon jälkeen Eurooppaan – "Haluan nauttia ja voittaa" (fi-FI) (25 May 2018). Retrieved on 29 May 2018.