|Born||September 13, 1992,|
New Westminster, BC, CAN
|6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
195 lb (88 kg; 13 st 13 lb)
|NHL team (P)
|Detroit Red Wings|
Grand Rapids Griffins (AHL)
Turner Elson (born September 13, 1992) is a Canadian professional ice hockey forward currently playing for the Grand Rapids Griffins of the American Hockey League (AHL) while under contract to the Detroit Red Wings in the National Hockey League (NHL). Undrafted, he has previously played in the National Hockey League (NHL) with the Calgary Flames.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Elson spent the majority of his first four professional seasons in the American Hockey League (AHL) with the Abbotsford Heat, Adirondack Flames and Stockton Heat. He was recalled to Calgary for the team's final game of the 2015–16 NHL season and made his NHL debut on April 9, 2016. Elson recorded his first NHL point, an assist, in the 2–1 victory over the Minnesota Wild.
At the conclusion of the season and at the end of his entry-level contract, Elson was not qualified by the Flames and was released as a free agent. On July 1, 2016, he signed a one-year, two-way contract to join the Colorado Avalanche. During the 2016–17 season, after attending the Avalanche training camp he was reassigned to AHL affiliate, the San Antonio Rampage. His season was quickly derailed as he was injured after just four games with a lower body injury. He returned in the final stretches of the season registering three points in just 13 games.
On June 26, 2017, Elson again a restricted free agent, was not tendered a qualifying contract by the Colorado Avalanche, thus ending his one-year tenure with club in releasing him to free agency. On July 1, 2017, Elson signed a one-year contract with the Detroit Red Wings. On September 25, 2017, Elson was assigned to the Red Wings' AHL affiliate, the Grand Rapids Griffins.
In the 2018–19 season, Elson regained his scoring touch with the Griffins. Having eclipsed his previous seasons totals, and while placing fourth in team scoring, Elson was signed mid-season to a two-year contract by the Red Wings on February 5, 2019.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
|2009–10||Red Deer Rebels||WHL||66||9||8||17||94||4||0||0||0||4|
|2010–11||Red Deer Rebels||WHL||68||16||15||31||124||9||0||4||4||23|
|2011–12||Red Deer Rebels||WHL||56||21||25||46||59||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Red Deer Rebels||WHL||64||26||31||57||60||9||5||4||9||6|
|2016–17||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||13||1||2||3||12||—||—||—||—||—|
|2017–18||Grand Rapids Griffins||AHL||57||9||12||21||49||5||2||0||2||0|
|2018–19||Grand Rapids Griffins||AHL||72||18||21||39||80||5||2||2||4||0|
|2019–20||Grand Rapids Griffins||AHL||61||9||13||22||45||—||—||—||—||—|
References[edit | edit source]
- Drinnan, Greg. "Streaking Rebels ride into Kamloops", Kamloops Daily News, 2011-11-11, p. A12.
- Turner Elson player card. The Internet Hockey Database. Retrieved on 2016-04-10.
- Gilbertson, Wes. "Deal 'Siel'-ed", Calgary Sun, 2016-04-10, p. S1.
- Colorado inks eight to contracts. Colorado Avalanche (2016-07-01). Retrieved on 2016-07-01.
- From the rampage desk: lets get this over with. milehighhockey.com (2017-04-14). Retrieved on 2017-04-14.
- Avalanche part ways with Mikahil Girgorenko, Siemens given qualifying offer. BSNDenver.com (2017-06-26). Retrieved on 2017-06-26.
- Kujawa, Kyle (July 1, 2017). Red Wings agree to terms with forward Turner Elson. Detroit Red Wings. Retrieved on July 1, 2017.
- Kujawa, Kyle (September 25, 2017). Red Wings send Elson to Griffins. Detroit Red Wings. Retrieved on September 25, 2017.
- Griffins Re-Sign Elson and Shine. Grand Rapids Griffins (June 18, 2018). Retrieved on June 18, 2018.
- Red Wings sign Turner Elson to two-year contract. Detroit Red Wings (February 5, 2019). Retrieved on February 5, 2019.
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Turner Elson. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|