|Born||August 27, 1989,|
Brookfield, WI, USA
|6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)
|NHL team||San Jose Sharks|
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Grosenick was born and raised in the Milwaukee suburb of Brookfield, where he attended Brookfield East High School and graduated in 2007. He then went on to play with Team Illinois' Midget Major team for a year, and eventually ended up playing for the Cedar Rapids RoughRiders for two years before heading off to play for Union College in New York.
Grosenick played for the Union Dutchmen in the NCAA Men's Division I ECAC Hockey conference. In his sophomore year (2011–2012), Grosenick's outstanding play was recognized when he won the Ken Dryden Award as the ECAC Goaltender of the Year, and was selected to the 2011–12 ECAC First Team All-League. He was also named a First-Team AHCA All-American and was a Hobey Baker Award Finalist.
On April 8, 2013, following his third year at Union, Grosenick signed a two-year entry-level contract with the San Jose Sharks.
On November 12, 2014, Grosenick was called up after goalie Alex Stalock was placed on injured reserve. He made his NHL debut on November 16, 2014 against the Carolina Hurricanes where he went on to record a 45-save 2–0 shutout, becoming the 22nd goalie to record a shutout in their debut, and at the same time setting a record for most saves in a shutout debut in the modern era.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
|2008–09||Cedar Rapids RoughRiders||USHL||24||13||5||4||1363||53||1||2.33||.910||1||0||0||39||0||2||3.09||.778|
|2009–10||Cedar Rapids RoughRiders||USHL||44||26||14||2||2509||110||4||2.63||.902||4||2||1||192||6||1||1.88||.949|
Awards and honors[edit | edit source]
|Ken Dryden Award ECAC Goaltender of the Year||2011–12|||
|All-ECAC Hockey First Team||2011–12|||
|AHCA East First-Team All-American||2011–12|
|ECAC Hockey All-Tournament Team||2012|||
|ECAC Hockey All-Tournament Team||2013|||
References[edit | edit source]
- Cady, Brian. "Union Men’s Hockey Rack Up ECAC Postseason Awards", WTMM-FM 104.5 The Team, March 16, 2012. Retrieved on November 16, 2014.
- "Sharks Sign Goaltender Troy Grosenick", San Jose Sharks, April 8, 2013. Retrieved on November 16, 2014.
- Kurz, Kevin. "Sharks place Stalock on IR, recall Grosenick", csnbayarea.com, November 12, 2014. Retrieved on November 12, 2014.
- Peters, Chris. "Sharks G Troy Grosenick makes 45 saves for shutout in NHL debut", CBS Sports, November 16, 2014. Retrieved on November 16, 2014.
- Associated Press (November 16, 2014). Sharks goalie Troy Grosenick debuts with shutout of Hurricanes. Foxsports.com. Retrieved on November 17, 2014.
- Pashelka, Curtis. "Sharks' rookie goalie Troy Grosenick relishes support from family", San Jose Mercury News, November 17, 2014. Retrieved on November 17, 2014.
- Schott, Ken. "Union coach Bennett wins Tim Taylor Award; goalie Grosenick wins Ken Dryden Award (Final)", The Daily Gazette, March 15, 2012. Retrieved on November 16, 2014.
- ECAC Hockey Mobile : League Announces Regular-Season Awards
- "All-Tournament Honors", ECAC Hockey. Retrieved on 2014-05-12.
[edit | edit source]
|Awards and achievements|
|Ken Dryden Award
|ECAC Hockey Most Outstanding Player in Tournament
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Troy Grosenick. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|