"Spartans" is the name of the sports teams from Trinity Western University (TWU), located in Langley, British Columbia. TWU is in the British Columbia Intercollegiate Hockey League (BCIHL) and have been since its inception in 2005-06.
In other sports, TWU is a member of the Canada West Universities Athletic Association (CWUAA) and U Sports (formerly known as CIS), however have never participated in the men's or women's hockey leagues. They are slated to join the CWUAA hockey league in 2020-21.TWU Titans
The team was known as the "Titans" through the 2009-10 season, at which time they were granted full varsity status and adopted the "Spartans" name and logo.
See Wikipedia story on the Titans.
Season-by-Season Records TableEdit
- Note: Until 2011-12 there were tie games in the regular season and a playoff tournament was held.
|2020 BCIHL||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||Event cancelled prior to starting|
- Note: From 2012-13 onwards the top 4 teams qualified for best-of-three semi-finals and all regular season games were decided by overtime or shootout.
- Unofficial: 2005 (before founding of league)
- BCIHL: 2006, 2018, 2019
- Canadian Colleges Athletic Association
- 4-West Championship
- British Columbia Intercollegiate Hockey League
- British Columbia Colleges Athletic Association
- Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference
- Prairie Athletic Conference (Saskatchewan)
- Manitoba Colleges Athletic Conference
- Ontario Colleges Athletic Association
- RSEQ College League
- Atlantic Collegiate Athletic Association
- Selkirk College Saints (PWAA - CCAA)
- Simon Fraser Clan (GNAC - NCAA)
- Trinity Western Spartans (CWUAA - CIS)
- Vancouver Island Mariners (PWAA - CCAA)
- Victoria Vikings (CWUAA - CIS)
- Eastern Washington Eagles (2012-2018) (Big Sky - NCAA)
- Fraser Valley Cascades (2006-2011) (CWUAA - CIS)
- Okanagan College Coyotes (2010-2012) (PWAA - CCAA)
- UNBC Timberwolves (2006) (CWUAA - CIS)
- Thompson Rivers Wolfpack (2010-14) (CWUAA - CIS)