|6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
205 lb (93 kg)
|Born||March 29, 1985,|
|NHL Draft||283rd overall, 2003|
Columbus Blue Jackets
201st overall, 2005
|Pro Career||2006 – present|
Career[edit | edit source]
Hendrikx started his hockey career as a member of the Gloucester Rangers of the Tier I Central Junior A Hockey League. He would later move up to the Ontario Hockey League as a member of the Peterborough Petes in 2001. As a member of the Petes, Hendrikx would be drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets twice. He was taken in the 9th round (283rd overall) in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. He would return to the draft, and the Blue Jackets would re-draft him; this time in the 7th round (201st overall) in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft. Hendrikx would put up a career-high 56 points during his final junior season.
As a prospect, Hendrikx has spent most of his career in the ECHL as a member of the Blue Jackets' affiliate, with stops in Dayton, Elmira, and Johnstown. Hendrikx re-signed with Johnstown in late October of the 2009-10 ECHL season. On March 13, 2010, Hendrikx along with teammate Mike Bartlett were traded from the Johnstown Chiefs to the Charlotte Checkers for future considerations.
References[edit | edit source]
- Chiefs Re-Sign Defenseman Trevor Hendrikx. myjohnstownpa.com (2009-10-29). Retrieved on 2011-02-18.
- GlobalHockeyNews.com: Hockey Transactions, Saturday, March 13th, 2010
- Blades roster grows, Hendrikx latest to sign. FloridaEverblades.com (2010-08-12). Retrieved on 2011-02-18.
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Trevor Hendrikx's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
- Trevor Hendrikx's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Trevor Hendrikx. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|