|5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
195 lb (89 kg)
Detroit Red Wings
|Born||October 9, 1983,|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|NHL Draft||43rd overall, 2002|
|Pro Career||2003 – 2020|
Trevor Daley (born October 9, 1983) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey defenceman who currently works as a Hockey Operations Advisor for the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League (NHL). He played sixteen seasons in the NHL for the Dallas Stars, Chicago Blackhawks, Pittsburgh Penguins and Detroit Red Wings. He won two Stanley Cups both with the Penguins in 2016, and 2017.
In his final year with the Greyhounds and as captain, Daley found himself the victim of a racial slur by then Coach and General Manager, former NHL goaltender John Vanbiesbrouck. Daley quit the team and upon the resignation of Vanbiesbrouck returned to the team three days later to finish out the 2002–03 season.
Daley made his NHL debut with the Stars in the 2003–04 season and established himself as a regular in the 2005–06 season when he played in a career-high 81 games and was named to the Canadian squad for the 2006 World Championships.
He played his 500th career NHL game on October 8, 2011, all with the Dallas Stars.
On December 14, 2015, he was traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins in exchange for Rob Scuderi. Daley scored his first goal with the Penguins on December 18, 2015 against the Boston Bruins. Daley was injured on May 20, 2016 and missed the remainder of the 2016 Stanley Cup playoffs, after suffering a broken left ankle in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Final against the Tampa Bay Lightning. Daley won his first Stanley Cup when the Penguins defeated the Sharks in six games in the 2016 Stanley Cup Finals.
On February 23, 2017, Daley underwent arthroscopic knee surgery following an injury during a game against the Carolina Hurricanes on February 21. Daley was expected to miss six weeks of play. He returned to the ice to play against the New Jersey Devils on April 6. He won his second straight Stanley Cup on June 11, 2017 when the Pittsburgh Penguins defeated the Nashville Predators.
On July 1, 2017, Daley signed a three-year contract with the Detroit Red Wings worth $9.534 million. On December 23, 2018, Daley played in his 1,000th career NHL game, becoming the 330th player in league history to reach the milestone.
On June 8, 2020, Daley became an inaugural executive board member the Hockey Diversity Alliance, whose goal is to address intolerance and racism in hockey. 
On October 26, 2020, Daley announced he would be retired from professional hockey, and would join the Penguins' front office as a hockey operations advisor for the franchise.
Regular season and playoffs
|1999–00||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||54||16||30||46||77||15||3||7||10||12|
|2000–01||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||58||14||27||41||105||—||—||—||—||—|
|2001–02||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||47||9||39||48||38||6||2||2||4||4|
|2002–03||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||57||20||33||53||128||1||0||0||0||2|
|2017–18||Detroit Red Wings||NHL||77||9||7||16||36||—||—||—||—||—|
|2018–19||Detroit Red Wings||NHL||44||2||6||8||12||—||—||—||—||—|
|2019–20||Detroit Red Wings||NHL||43||0||7||7||20||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honours
|Stanley Cup (Pittsburgh Penguins)||2016, 2017|||
- Trevor Daley Named Penguins' Hockey Operations Advisor (en-US).
- Penguins repeat as Stanley Cup champions. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (2017-06-11). Retrieved on 2017-06-11.
- Vanbiesbrouck resigns from OHL team after racial slur. cbc.ca (2003-03-19). Retrieved on 2009-06-20.
- "Daley returns after racial slur", 2003-03-13. Retrieved on 2009-06-20.
- Stars' Daley keeps his balance. dallasnews.com (2006-08-30). Retrieved on 2009-06-20.
- Legends of Hockey – NHL Player Search – Player – Trevor Daley. Retrieved on February 23, 2017.
- Lazerus, Mark. "Blackhawks trade Patrick Sharp to Dallas Stars", Chicago Sun-Times, July 10, 2015. Archived from the original on July 12, 2015.
- "Penguins notebook: Scuderi traded to Blackhawks for Daley", 2015-12-14. Retrieved on 2015-12-15.
- 3 Impressions: Bruins 6, Pens 2.
- Penguins' Daley out for remainder of playoffs.
- Trevor Daley out six weeks after knee surgery. Retrieved on February 23, 2017.
- Kujawa, Kyle (July 1, 2017). Red Wings sign free agent defenseman Trevor Daley. Detroit Red Wings. Retrieved on July 1, 2017.
- Wakiji, Dana (December 23, 2018). Wings' Daley set to play in his 1,000th NHL game. Detroit Red Wings. Retrieved on December 23, 2018.
- Hockey Diversity Alliance formed by seven current, former NHL players. nhl.com (June 8, 2020).
- Penguins win Stanley Cup, defeat Sharks in Game 6 (2016-06-12). Retrieved on 2016-06-12.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or ESPN.com, or Eurohockey.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Trevor Daley. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|