|6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
180 lb (82 kg)
|NHL Team (P)
|Columbus Blue Jackets|
Skellefteå AIK (SEL)
|Born||February 24, 1991,|
Port Chester, NY, USA
|NHL Draft||23rd overall, 2009|
|Pro Career||2007 – present|
Tim Erixon (born February 24, 1991) is a Swedish professional ice hockey defenceman, contracted by Skellefteå AIK in the Swedish Elitserien, currently on loan to Malmö Redhawks in the Swedish second tier league HockeyAllsvenskan. He has represented Sweden at the World Junior Hockey Championships, winning a silver medal in 2009. The son of former National Hockey League (NHL) player Jan, he is a draft pick of the Calgary Flames, selected in the first round, 23rd overall in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Erixon was born in Port Chester, New York while his father Jan was a player for the New York Rangers. His family moved back to Sweden following his father's retirement where he began to play hockey himself at the age of five. He is described by his father as a "two-way defenceman with offensive skills". Though he plays a different position, Erixon's play has been compared to his father, who was known as a defensive forward.
|Competitor for Sweden|
|Men's ice hockey|
|World Junior Championship|
|Silver||2009 Canada||Ice hockey|
Erixon began his professional career with Skellefteå AIK of the Swedish Elitserien at the age of 17, playing along side good friend, and fellow 2009 draftee David Rundblad. He recorded seven points in 45 games with Skellefteå in 2008–09 before finishing the season on loan to the Malmö Redhawks in the Swedish second division, HockeyAllsvenskan. Erixon represented Sweden at the 2009 IIHF World U18 Championships and 2009 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships, winning a silver medal in the latter tournament.
Erixon entered the 2009 NHL Entry Draft as the 5th ranked European skater according to the NHL Central Scouting Bureau. He was selected in the first round, 23rd overall, by the Calgary Flames. The Flames consider him a well-rounded player; not expected to be an offensive minded defenceman, but a player with a good vision on the ice.
- Regular season and playoffs
Statistics complete to the end of the 2008–09 season.
|Junior international totals||11||3||6||9||12|
- Stevenson, Chris (2009-06-27). Flames land Swedish D. Calgary Sun. Retrieved on 2009-06-29.
- Cruikshank, Scott (2009-06-27). Flames select Swedish bloodlines in Erixon. Calgary Herald. Retrieved on 2009-06-29.
- Roarke, Shawn P. (2009-04-16). Erixon has a familiar look. National Hockey League. Retrieved on 2009-06-30.
- Tim Erixon player profile. European Hockey.net. Retrieved on 2009-06-29.
- Tim Erixon's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Tim Erixon's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
- June 1st 2011-Traded from the Calgary Flames to the New York Rangers for Roman Horak (b. 1991) Tyler Watherspoon and Markus Granlund.
- July 23rd 2012-Traded with Artem Anisimov (1988) and Brandon Dubinsky to the Columbus Blue Jackets for Rick Nash and Steven Delislie.
|Calgary Flames first round draft pick
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Tim Erixon. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|