|Born||18 December 1996,|
|6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
225 lb (102 kg; 16 st 1 lb)
|NHL Draft||186th overall, 2016|
Stepan Falkovsky (Belarusian:Сцяпан Мікалаевіч Фалькоўскі); born 18 December 1996) is a Belarusian professional ice hockey defenceman playing on a try-out basis with HC Dinamo Minsk organization of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). He was selected by the Calgary Flames in the seventh round (186th overall) at the 2016 NHL Entry Draft.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Falkovsky played in his native Belarus, as a youth with Yunost Minsk. He made his professional debut as a 16-year-old in the Vysshaya Liga in 2013. In moving to North America to continue his development at a higher level, Falkovsky played major junior with the Ottawa 67's of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL).
Falkovsky was selected in the seventh round (186th overall) by the Calgary Flames in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft. He was signed to an AHL/ECHL contract with the Flames' affiliate, the Stockton Heat on 5 October 2016. Pushed down the depth chart, Falkovsky was rooted to the ECHL for the duration of the 2016–17 season, recording 21 goals in 54 games with the Adirondack Thunder.
As an unsigned prospect of the Flames, on 1 July 2017, Falkovsky signed as a free agent to a three-year, entry-level contract with the Los Angeles Kings. On 21 November 2018, Falkovsky was traded by the Kings to the Minnesota Wild in exchange for Pavel Jenyš. He played 5 games with the Iowa Wild in the AHL, before he was reassigned to the ECHL, moving to the Wild's affiliate, the Allen Americans. On March 8, 2019, Falkovsky left the Americans and was returned with the permission of the Minnesota Wild to former ECHL club, the Monarchs, at the trade deadline.
At the conclusion of his entry-level contract with the Wild, Falkovsky left North America to return to his native Belarus, securing an initial trial contract with HC Dinamo Minsk of the KHL on 4 August 2020.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
Regular season and playoffs[edit | edit source]
|2013–14||MHK Yunost Minsk||MHL||33||0||3||3||18||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||MHK Yunost Minsk||MHL||22||4||7||11||2||5||0||1||1||8|
International[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Flames select Stepan Falkovsky with 186th overall pick (25 June 2016). Retrieved on 22 November 2018.
- Ottawa 67's head coach sees major upside in Falkovsky (22 July 2018). Retrieved on 22 November 2018.
- "Stockton Heat announce the signing Stepan Falkovsky to an AHL/ECHL contract". stocktonheat.com (5 October 2016). Retrieved on 5 October 2016.
- "The Stockton Heat have announced that defenseman Stepan Falkovsky has been assigned to the team's ECHL affiliate, the Adirondack Thunder". echlthunder.com (8 October 2016). Retrieved on 8 October 2016.
- "LA Kings agree to terms with Stepan Falkovsky on three-year entry-level contract". Los Angeles Kings (1 July 2017). Retrieved on 1 July 2017.
- Wild acquires defenseman prospect Stepan Falkovsky (21 November 2018). Retrieved on 22 November 2018.
- "Mercier and Falkovsky join Monarchs". Manchester Monarchs (2019-03-08). Retrieved on 2019-03-08.
- "Stepan Falkovsky signs a trial contract" (in Belarusian). HC Dinamo Minsk (4 August 2020). Retrieved on 4 August 2020.