|Born||February 12 1993,|
Plano, Texas, U.S.
|6 ft 1 in (0 m)|
205 lb (93 kg; 14)
|New Jersey Devils|
|NHL Draft||21st overall, 2011|
Stefan Noesen (born February 12, 1993) is an American professional ice hockey player. He is currently playing for the New Jersey Devils of the National Hockey League (NHL). Noesen was selected in the first round (21st overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the Ottawa Senators.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Noesen grew up playing hockey in the Dallas suburbs (one of his teammates was future NHL player Blake Coleman). He eventually moved north at age 14 and ended up play ing major junior hockey with the Plymouth Whalers of the Ontario Hockey League. He was selected by the Senators with the first round draft pick, which the team obtained from the Nashville Predators in exchange for forward Mike Fisher. He signed an entry level contract with Ottawa on December 29, 2011.
Noesen made the Team USA lineup for the 2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships but was not allowed to participate in the tournament. At the time, he was serving a 10-game OHL suspension for a charging incident and the IIHF honored the suspension. A few weeks later, following the resolution of the 2012 NHL lockout, Noesen was invited to the Senators' training camp held in Ottawa. He failed to make the Senators' lineup and on January 16, 2013, was assigned to their major junior team, the Plymouth Whalers.
On July 5, 2013, Noesen was traded to the Anaheim Ducks along with forward Jakob Silfverberg and a first-round pick in the 2014 draft in exchange for forward Bobby Ryan. On December 7, 2016, Noesen scored his first NHL goal.
In the midst of his longest tenure in the NHL during the 2016–17 season, Noesen was placed on waivers by the Ducks after 2 goals in 12 games. On January 25, 2017, Noesen was claimed off waivers from Anaheim by the New Jersey Devils.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
|2015–16||San Diego Gulls||AHL||65||10||22||32||56||9||2||5||7||2|
|2016–17||San Diego Gulls||AHL||22||6||9||15||40||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||New Jersey Devils||NHL||32||6||2||8||22||—||—||—||—||—|
References[edit | edit source]
- "2011 prospects: Stefan Noesen sees stars in his past, present, and future". HockeysFuture.com (2011-06-24). Retrieved on 2013-04-15.
- "Senators add to prospect stockpile with signings". Ottawa Senators (2011-12-29). Retrieved on 2011-12-29.
- "Senators prospect Stefan Noesen to miss world juniors". Canoe.ca (2013-01-02). Retrieved on 2013-01-02.
- "News Release: Senators reduce training camp roster". Ottawa Senators (2013-01-16). Retrieved on 2013-01-17.
- Ducks Acquire Silfverberg, Noesen and a First-Round Selection in the 2014 NHL Entry Draft From Ottawa in Exchange For Ryan. Anaheim Ducks (2014-02-11). Retrieved on 2014-02-11.
- Ducks rally three times from two-goal deficits to beat Hurricanes in shootout (December 7, 2016). Retrieved on December 8, 2016.
- Devils claim RW Stefan Noesen off waivers from Anaheim Ducks (January 25, 2017). Retrieved on January 26, 2017.
[edit | edit source]
- Stefan Noesen's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Stefan Noesen's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Ottawa Senators first round draft pick