|Born||November 24, 1988,|
Oakville, ON, CAN
|5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
200 lb (91 kg; 14 st 4 lb)
|NHL team (P)
|Los Angeles Kings|
Manchester Monarchs (AHL)
|NHL Draft||37th overall, 2007|
Columbus Blue Jackets
Stefan Legein (born November 24, 1988) is a Canadian professional ice hockey right winger who plays for the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League (AHL). He was drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the 2nd round, 37th overall of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Legein has spent most of his career in the OHL, playing only one year in another league, the Ontario Provincial Junior A Hockey League (OPJHL) before being drafted by the Columbus Blue Jackets. Legein participated in the 2007 CHL Top Prospects Game and the OHL Eastern Conference All-Star Team in 2007, where he won the fastest skater competition, completing a single lap in 14.109 seconds. He also recorded 3 points in the game (2 goals, 1 assist). Prior to the 2008-09 season, Legein made headlines following his announcement to retire from the game though no official reason was announced, later that season, he announced that he would like to return to the game and joined the Syracuse Crunch of the AHL for the remainder of the season. On October 20, 2009, Legein was traded by the Columbus Blue Jackets to the Philadelphia Flyers for fellow minor leaguer, Mike Ratchuk. Stefan Legein was traded on October 12, 2011 by the Philadelphia Flyers, along with a 2012 6th round draft pick, to the Los Angeles Kings for future considerations.
International play[edit | edit source]
- In 2007, Legein was a member of Team Canada in the 2007 Super Series against Russia.
- Legein was a member of Team Canada in the 2008 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships in Pardubice, Czech Republic.
Awards and honours[edit | edit source]
- OHL Second All-Star Team (2008)
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
|2010–11||Greenville Road Warriors||ECHL||2||0||0||0||2||—||—||—||—||—|
References[edit | edit source]
- Stefan Legein on the Internet Hockey Database. Retrieved on February 3, 2008.
- Stefan Legein scouting report. Retrieved on February 3, 2008.
- "Jackets, Flyers deal minor leaguers", Associated Press, USA Today, October 20, 2009. Retrieved on 2009-10-31.
- National Hockey League (2010). The National Hockey League Official Guide & Record Book/2011. Triumph Books, 311. ISBN 978-1-60078-422-4.
[edit | edit source]
- Stefan Legein's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Stefan Legein's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
- Stefan Legein's NHL player profile
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Stefan Legein. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|