|6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
210 lb (95 kg)
|Born||December 23, 1982,|
Vancouver, BC, CAN
|NHL Draft||19th overall, 2001|
|Pro Career||2003 – present|
Shaone started his hockey career with the Vancouver Thunderbird Minor Hockey Association (VTMHA). After proving himself at the community level, he was drafted by the Kamloops Blazers of the WHL and subsequently drafted in the 1st round, 19th overall by the Boston Bruins in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft. He was later dealt to the Capitals on March 3, 2004 in the trade that sent Sergei Gonchar to the Bruins.
Morrisonn was often paired with 2007–08 NHL lead goal-scoring defenceman Mike Green.
Morrisonn has begun to prove himself as a tough, stay-at-home defenceman. During the 2008 NHL playoffs, Morrisonn played every game with a broken jaw and a separated shoulder.
In 2008, after a long negotiation with the Capitals, Morrisonn filed for arbitration as he wanted to stay with the team but could not come to an agreement on financial terms. On July 26, 2008, an arbitrator awarded a one-year contract worth $1.975 million.
On August 2, 2010 Morrisonn came to terms with the Buffalo Sabres.
On September 24, 2011 he was waived by the Sabres.
- Japers' Rink: 2007–08 Rink Wrap: Shaone Morrisonn. Japersrink.blogspot.com (2008-05-20). Retrieved on 2011-10-31.
- Capitals Morrisonn awarded one-year deal in arbitration. Tsn.ca (2008-07-26). Retrieved on 2011-10-31.
- Shaone Morrisonn signs with Sabres. Retrieved on July 17, 2011.
- Shaone Morrisonn's NHL player profile
- Shaone Morrisonn's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
|Boston Bruins first round draft pick
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Shaone Morrisonn. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|