|Sean Malone (ice hockey)|
|Born||April 30, 1995,|
Buffalo, New York, U.S.
|6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
190 lb (86 kg; 13 st 8 lb)
|NHL Draft||159th overall, 2013|
Playing career[edit | edit source]
After a successful career at Nichols School, where he was All-State in three sports, Malone was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the sixth round, 159th overall, in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. He played college hockey for Harvard University of ECAC Hockey. During his junior and senior years at Harvard, he underwent hip surgery and rehabilitation for his injury. Despite his setbacks, he was signed to a professional contract by the Sabres on April 8, 2017, and made his NHL debut that night in a game against the Florida Panthers as an emergency replacement for Marcus Foligno. He had one shot on net and played over 12 minutes in the 3–0 loss to the Panthers.
After participating in the Buffalo Sabres development camp in July 2017, Malone was unable to participate at the Sabres' rookie camp, the Prospects Challenge tournament, and training camp due to another injury. He was then assigned to the Sabres AHL affiliate, the Rochester Americans, for the 2017–18 season.
On June 25, 2019, Malone opted to remain within the Sabres organization, signing a one-year AHL contract to continue with the Rochester Americans. In the 2019–20 season, Malone in his third season with the Americans appeared in 58 games, placing second on the team in scoring by tallying 30 points, before the season was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As a free agent, Malone was able to secure a NHL contract by agreeing to a one-year, two-way contract with the Nashville Predators on July 15, 2020.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
Regular season and playoffs[edit | edit source]
|2012–13||U.S. National Development Team||USHL||15||5||8||13||17||—||—||—||—||—|
International[edit | edit source]
Awards and honors[edit | edit source]
|ECAC All-Tournament Team||2017|
References[edit | edit source]
- Sabres Prospects: Malone ready to roll, finally, in his first pro season (October 30, 2017). Retrieved on February 9, 2018.
- "West Seneca native Malone signs with Sabres; Harvard star will make NHL debut tonight", April 8, 2017. Retrieved on April 8, 2017.
- Sabres Notebook: Griffith cracks final roster at forward (October 3, 2017). Retrieved on February 20, 2018.
- "Malone returns on one-year AHL contract". Rochester Americans (June 25, 2019). Retrieved on June 25, 2019.
- "Predators sign forward Sean Malone to one-year, two-way contract". Nashville Predators (July 15, 2020). Retrieved on July 15, 2020.
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Sean Malone (ice hockey). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|