The Saskatchewan Prairie Senior Hockey League was founded in the summer of 2010 and started play for the 2010-11 season. The league states its goal is to create, promote and maintain a "working man's league" and is dedicated to providing quality hockey in small town Saskatchewan.
The Perdue Pirates were force to go on hiatus due to a fire destroying their home arena on May 23, 2015. The team has sat out the 2015-16, 2016-17, and 2017-18 season. The community is hoping the arena will be ready for the fall of 2018.
The Cut Knife Colts folded after the 2016-17 season.
|Season||Co-Op Cup (Playoff) Champions|
|2011-12||Battleford Beaver Blues|
|2012-13||Battleford Beaver Blues|
|2013-14||Cut Knife Colts|
|2016-17||Edam Three Stars|
Timeline of teamsEdit
- Battleford Beaver Blues (2010-Present)
- Maymount Settlers (2010-Present)
- Radisson Wheatkings (2010-Present)
- Saulteaux 3 Stars (2010-2012) suspended by league on January 25 for balance of season; banned when don’t pay fine
- Cut Knife Colts (2011-2017) folded
- Glaslyn North Stars (2011-Present)
- Hafford Mustangs (2011-2014) renamed Hawks
- Perdue Pirates (2011-2015, 2018-) go on leave of absence due to arena fire; return for 2018-19 season
- Spiritwood Timberwolves (2012-Present)
- Meota Combines (2013-Present)
- Shellbrook Silvertips (2013-Present)
- Hafford Hawks (2014-2018) withdrew to join Fort Carlton Hockey League
- Edam Three Stars (2015-Present)