|League:||United States Hockey League|
|Home Arena:||Rochester Recreation Center|
|Colors:|| Yellow, white, and black|
The Rochester Mustangs were an American junior A ice hockey team that was located in Rochester, Minnesota. The Mustangs were in existence from 1986 to 2002. Prior to 1986, the organization was located in Austin, Minnesota and was known as the Austin Mavericks. The Mavericks played from 1974 until 1977 in the Midwest Junior Hockey League, before moving to the United States Hockey League in 1978. The Mustangs played their home games in the Rochester Recreation Center, which seated approximately 2,500. The Recreation Center was home to the Mustangs for 17 years, and was the only arena they ever played in. The team ceased operations at the end of the 2001–2002 season because of poor attendance numbers and an old arena. The 'Stangs won the American National Junior "A" championship in 1987, 1988, and 1998.
- Keith Aldridge – competed in four games for the Dallas Stars of the NHL
- Jozef Balej – played three season in the NHL for the Vancouver Canucks, New York Rangers, and Montreal Canadiens
- Ralph Barahona – played six games for the Boston Bruins.
- Peter Markle – played in a World Hockey exhibition between Soviet Union and U.S.
- Shjon Podein – played in eleven NHL seasons for the Blues, Flyers, Avalanche, and Oilers.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Rochester Mustangs (junior). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|