In the 1920's, junior hockey in Quebec was local and fragmented. The leading league was the Junior Amateur Hockey Association (JAHA) which was centered in Montreal.
There was also a league in Quebec City which ran until nearly the end of World War II when all leagues except the JAHA were relegated to Junior B.
In 1947-48 the JAHA finally expanded to Quebec City but the local league still was given the status to challenge for the provincial title for one season.
After the collapse of the Quebec Junior Hockey League in 1955 the Quebec City teams joined the Sagueney Junior League for one season and then entered the Metropolitan Montreal Junior League for several years. Neither setup was totally satisfactory.
In 1959-60 another Quebec City Junior League was formed to accomodate local junior teams. This league, the last of the line only lasted for one season as the league merged with the Laurentian Junior League to form the Provincial Junior League in 1960-61.
List of Champions
- 1924-25 Quebec Sons of Ireland
- 1925-26 Quebec Sons of Ireland
- 1926-27 Quebec Sons of Ireland
- 1929-30 Quebec Question Marks
- 1930-31 Quebec Maple Leafs
- 1931-32 Quebec Canadien Francais
- 1932-33 Quebec Granites
- 1933-34 Quebec St Gregoire
- 1934-35 Quebec Tech
- 1935-36 Quebec Junior Aces
- 1936-37 Quebec Castors
- 1937-38 Quebec Castors
- 1938-39 Quebec Castors
- 1939-40 Quebec Junior Aces
- 1941-42 Charlesbourg Aces
- 1942-43 Quebec Morton Aces
- 1947-48 Quebec Red Wings
- 1959-60 Quebec Junior Aces