The QOAA started as the Canadian Intercollegiate Athletic Union (CIAU Central), established in the 1902-03 season. It was a top tier scholastic league operating in Ontario and Quebec. It changed its name to the Quebec-Ontario Athletic Association in 1953 or 1955. (Official links say 1955, and now refer to it as the "Ontario-Quebec Athletic Association".)
The conference lasted until 1971 when it and the other two conferences operating in Ontario and Quebec (the OIAA and OSLC) were merged and realigned into two conferences set up on provincial lines (the QUAA and OUAA).
See the List of CIAU-QOAA Seasons for links to each of its seasons.
The historical league set-up for Ontario and Quebec has been as follows:
- 1903-1955: Canadian Intercollegiate Athletic Union (CIAU Central)
- 1950-1971: Ottawa-St. Lawrence Conference (OSLC)
- 1955-1971: Quebec-Ontario Athletic Association (QOAA)
- 1959-1971: Ontario Intercollegiate Athletic Association (OIAA)
- 1972-1987: Quebec Universities Athletic Association (QUAA)
- 1972-1997: Ontario Universities Athletic Association (OUAA)
- 1998-now: Ontario University Athletics (OUA)
Participating Universities Chart
Click team name to go to team page. Year refers to year the season ended.
|McGill Redmen||Official Site||1903-1971|
|Toronto Varsity Blues||Official Site||1903-1971|
|Queen's Golden Gaels||Official Site||1903-1971*|
|Montreal Carabins (also ULM)||none||1908-1971*|
|Ottawa Gee-Gees||Official Site||1911-1971*|
|Laval Rouge et Or||none||1951-1971|
|Waterloo Warriors||Official Site||1962-1971|
|Guelph Gryphons (also OAC)||Official Site||1962-1971*|
|Western Ontario Mustangs||Official Site||1965-1971|
|Windsor Lancers||Official Site||1969-1971|
|Carleton Ravens||Official Site||1969-1971|
- Following the 1970-71 season, Laval folded, McGill and Montreal joined the QUAA, and the rest joined the OUAA.
- Queen's played in 1903-1927, 1935, 1937-1950, 1960, 1962-1971.
- Montreal/ULM played in 1908-1912, 1923-1928, 1933, 1937-39, 1946-1971.
- Ottawa played in 1911-1912, 1969-1971.
- Guelph/OAC played in 1962-1963, 1965-1971.
- U Sports (formerly known as CIS)
- List of University Cup Playoffs
- 1967 Canada Winter Games Hockey Tournament
- Canada West Universities Athletic Association
- Great Plains Athletic Conference
- List of CWUAA Seasons
- List of GPAC Seasons
- List of WIAA Seasons
- List of WCIAU Seasons
- Queen's Cup
- Ontario University Athletics
- List of OUA Seasons
- List of OUAA Seasons
- RSEQ (formerly Quebec Student Sports Federation)
- List of QUAA Seasons
- CIAU (Central)
- Quebec-Ontario Athletic Association
- List of CIAU-QOAA Seasons
- Ottawa St Lawrence Conference
- List of OSLC Seasons
- Ontario Intercollegiate Athletic Association
- List of OIAA Seasons
- Ontario-Quebec Intermediate Intercollegiate series (1902-03 to 1934-35)
- List of Intermediate Intercollegiate Seasons (1902-03 to 1938-39)
- Senior Intercollegiate League (1945-46)
- Ottawa Intercollegiate Hockey League (1960-61)
- International Intercollegiate League (from 1936-37 to 1939-40)
- West Point Weekend