|Location||606 Reeves Street, Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia|
|Opened||November 25, 2004|
|SAREC Saints (2004-Present)|
Strait Pirates (2004-Present)
In 2007, Business Week Online named the Civic Centre as one of the top ten most impressive sports arenas in the world.
Design[edit | edit source]
The Port Hawksbury Civic Centre was designed by architect Bob Ojolick of Ojolick Associates Architects/Planners. The arena was built with being green and effort in mind, as it is one of the few ice hockey rinks in the world that allows for natural light from the outside.
Notable events[edit | edit source]
- 2005 - Don Johnson Memorial Cup
- 2005 - The National - Grand Slam of Curling
- 2007 - The National - Grand Slam of Curling
- 2009 - Florida Panthers training camp
- 2010 - Montreal Canadiens alumni game
- 2013 - The National - Grand Slam of Curling
- 2014 - Don Johnson Memorial Cup
- 2014 - The Stanfields
- 2014 - World U-17 Hockey Challenge
- 2015 - Matt Minglewood & Sam Moon
References[edit | edit source]
- World Class Sports Stadiums. Retrieved on 2015-10-01.
External Links[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Port Hawkesbury Civic Centre. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|