|City:||Perth, Western Australia|
|League:||Australian Ice Hockey League|
|Home Arena:||Cockburn Ice Arena|
|Head Coach:||Stan Scott|
The Perth Thunder were founded in 2010. On November 28th 2010, Perth Thunder were granted a provisional license with the AIHL for the 2011 season, with the intention of entering the league to compete as the ninth team in the 2012 AIHL season. In 2011 the Thunder played a number of exhibition games against several AIHL teams. In May the Thunder travelled to Adelaide to compete in two games against the Adelaide Adrenaline. They drew the first game 2–2 and won the second 3–0. In June the Melbourne Ice travelled to Perth to compete in two games against the Thunder at the Cockburn Ice Arena. The Ice won the first game 4–3 and lost the second game 3–6 after letting in six goals to none in the final period. In September the Newcastle North Stars traveled to Perth to play the Thunder in a two game series. The Thunder won both the first and second game 4–2. On 16 October 2011 the AIHL voted to include the Perth Thunder as the ninth team to join the league.
|#||Nat||Name||Pos||Date of Birth|
|9||Dave Ruck (C)||F||--|
|12||Nick Del Basso||D||--|
- ↑ History of the Australian Ice Hockey League. Australian Ice Hockey League. Archived from the original on 2011-04-15. Retrieved on 20 June 2011.
- ↑ Foreman, Glen. "Perth Thunder granted license for 2012 season of national ice hockey league", PerthNow, Sunday Times, 4 December 2010. Retrieved on 20 June 2011.
- ↑ Latest News. Perth Thunder. Archived from the original on 2011-05-29. Retrieved on 2011-06-27.
- ↑ Latest News. Perth Thunder. Archived from the original on 2011-06-27. Retrieved on 2011-06-27.
- ↑ Thundering into the AIHL. Melbourne Ice. Archived from the original on 2011-06-27. Retrieved on 2011-06-27.
- ↑ Game Times. Perth Thunder. Archived from the original on 2011-05-20. Retrieved on 2011-06-27.
- ↑ Coaches Report Perth Thunder vs Newcastle. Perth Thunder. Archived from the original on 2011-09-17. Retrieved on 2011-09-17.
- ↑ Watts, Ellie-Marie (22 October 2011). Thunder rolls into AIHL. Australian Ice Hockey League. Retrieved on 24 October 2011.
- ↑ Perth Thunder Team List. Perth Thunder. Retrieved on 20 June 2011.
|Australian Ice Hockey League|
|Teams||Adelaide Adrenaline · Canberra Knights · Gold Coast Blue Tongues · Melbourne Ice · Mustangs IHC · Newcastle North Stars · Perth Thunder · Sydney Bears · Sydney Ice Dogs|
|Former teams||Adelaide Avalanche · Central Coast Rhinos|
|Other||Goodall Cup · V.I.P. Cup · Wilson Cup · List of AIHL seasons|
|Related articles: IIHF · Ice Hockey Australia · Australia national ice hockey team · East Coast Super League|