|Location||24 Fire-Lite Plaza, Northford, Connecticut|
|Operator||Northford Ice Pavilion LLC|
|Surface||200' x 85' (3 Rinks)|
|Capacity||1,200 (Red Rink)|
|Connecticut Whale (NWHL) (2016-present)|
Quinnipiac Bobcats (ECAC Hockey) (1999-2007)
Northford Ice Pavilion is an ice skating complex on Connecticut Route 22 in the Northford section of North Branford, Connecticut, just past the North Haven town line. The complex has three NHL-size ice sheets.
The main "Red Rink" seats approximately 1,200 and is the current home of the Connecticut Whale of the National Women's Hockey League beginning in the 2016–17 season. It is also used for high school hockey games and often hosts CIAC playoff games. The arena formerly hosted the NCAA Division I college ice hockey programs of Quinnipiac University. The "Blue Rink" has few stands and hosts the arena's Learn to Skate programs, as well as public skating and youth hockey. The newest rink, the "White Rink", opened in January 2016 and also includes bleachers for larger crowds.
The arena is also home to the Greater New Haven Warriors Youth Hockey program, the Connecticut Polar Bears girls' hockey program, and serves as a secondary home for Yale Youth Hockey and Wallingford Youth Hockey.
- Daniel Hand High School, CIAC Division II (Girls and Boys)
- Branford High School (Connecticut), CIAC Division II (Boys)
- North Branford High School, CIAC Division II (Boys)
- North Haven High School, CIAC Division II (Boys)
- Lyman Hall High School/Haddam-Killingworth High School Co-Op, CIAC Division III (Boys)
The Northford Ice Pavilion was home to the Quinnipiac University Bobcats ice hockey team from 1999 until January 2007 when the team moved to the TD Bank Sports Center. Previously Quinnipiac had played its home games at the East Haven DiLungo Rink until the end of the 1998-1999 season. The NIP is currently home to the Men's Club Ice Hockey team, the Braves.
- Whale Moves to Northford Ice Pavilion for Second Season. OurSports Central (May 5, 2016).