The Marian Sabres new women's team joined the NCHA for the 2009-10 season. The Adrian Bulldogs women's team, previously independent, joined the same season. Marian's and Adrian's men's teams played in the MCHA with Concordia and Finlandia.
On June 14, 2016; the conference announced that they were adding the women's programs for the Aurora Spartans and Northland Lumberjacks to match the men's programs and that Trine University would be added to the conference in men's and women's ice hockey when they begin Division III play. All four teams will join conference play for the 2017-18 season.
On April 5, 2018 Northland College announced that the Northland Lumberjacks and the Northland Lumberjills would be leaving the confernce after the 2018-19 season to join the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference for the 2019-20 season.
Merger with MCHAEdit
The Lake Forest Foresters men's team left the NCHA for the MCHA after the 2008-09 season and returned when the two conferences merged for the 2013-14 season. The merger was started when the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference announced they were going start a men's ice hockey conference beginning with the 2013-14 season, with it's five members that sponsored the sport, all of which played in the NCHA this left the conference with only two remaining members. The Midwest Collegiate Hockey Association at this point had 8 members (5 of which already had women's teams in the NCHA and the other 3 did not have women's programs).
If two or more teams are tied in points at the end of the regular season, ties shall be broken as follows:
1 - Head-to-Head competition
2 - Goal differential in games played between the tied teams only
3 - Goal differential in all NCHA games
Men's Conference SeasonsEdit
Women's Conference SeasonsEdit
Women's Conference TimelineEdit
- 2000 The conference is formed with the Lake Forest Foresters, Wisconsin-Eau Claire Blugolds, Wisconsin-River Falls Falcons, Wisconsin-Stevens Point Pointers, and Wisconsin-Superior Yellowjackets as charter members.
- 2004 The Finlandia Lions join the conference.
- 2008 The Concordia Falcons join the conference.
- 2009 The Adrian Bulldogs and Marian Sabres join the conference.
- 2010 The St. Norbert Green Knights and the St. Scholastica Saints join the conference.
- 2013 The Wisconsin-Eau Claire Blugolds, Wisconsin-River Falls Falcons, Wisconsin-Stevens Point Pointers, and Wisconsin-Superior Yellowjackets leave the conference when the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference starts sponsoring women's ice hockey.
- 2017 The conference add the Aurora Spartans, Northland Lumberjills, and Trine Thunder.