Price started his National Hockey League career with the Toronto Maple Leafs in 1958. He would also play for the New York Rangers, Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens, Los Angeles Kings, Pittsburgh Penguins and Atlanta Flames. He would retire after the 1976 season. He would win one Stanley Cup with Montreal in 1966.
He spent most of his career before 1967 in the American Hockey League. The 1967 NHL Expansion gave him a new lease on life and he finally became an NHL regular with the Pittsburgh Penguins. After that he played for the Kings and Flames.
He retired in 1976. Price played 499 NHL games and scored 14 goals and 114 assists.
Awards & Achievements[edit | edit source]
- WHL Prairie Division Second All-Star Team (1957)
- AHL Second All-Star Team (1966)
- AHL First All-Star Team (1970, 1972, & 1976)
- Eddie Shore Award (AHL) Outstanding Defenceman (1970, 1972, & 1976)
- Played in NHL All-Star Game (1967)