|Born||October 7, 1995,|
|5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
196 lb (89 kg; 14 st 0 lb)
San Jose Sharks
|NHL Draft||27th overall, 2014|
San Jose Sharks
Nikolay Sergeevich Goldobin (Николай Сергеевич Голдобин, born 7 October 1995) is a Russian professional ice hockey right winger currently playing for CSKA Moscow of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). Goldobin was selected by the San Jose Sharks in the first round (27th overall) of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Junior[edit | edit source]
Goldobin was drafted by the Sarnia Sting in the 1st round (36th overall) of the 2012 OHL Priority Selection. Goldobin was also selected 8th overall by Metallurg Novokuznetsk in the 2012 KHL Junior Draft. Goldobin is rated as a top prospect who was viewed as a possible top 15 selection heading into the 2014 NHL Entry Draft.
Goldobin began his major junior career in 2011 playing with Russkie Vityazi Chekhov in the Russian Junior Hockey League and he was chosen to compete at the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament with Team Russia. He joined the Sarnia Sting in 2012 where he led all rookies in goals (30) and points (68) during the 2012–13 OHL season. His outstanding play continued during his second season with Sarnia, as he led the Sting with 94 points in 67 games, good enough for 6th in scoring in the league for the 2013–14 OHL season. He was invited to play in the 2014 CHL Top Prospects Game where he scored a goal and an assist, and was named player of the game for Team Cherry.
Professional[edit | edit source]
In his first full North American season, Goldobin was assigned to begin the 2015–16 season with the Sharks AHL affiliate, the San Jose Barracuda. After one game with the Barracuda, Goldobin received a recall to the Sharks following an injury to center Logan Couture on 16 October 2015. He was inserted immediately into the Sharks top scoring line and made his NHL debut in a 2–1 shootout victory over the New Jersey Devils. In his second game, Goldobin scored his first NHL goal against Jaroslav Halak of the New York Islanders on 17 October 2015, on a feed from Joe Thornton.
On 28 February 2017, he was traded from San Jose along with a conditional 4th round-pick in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft to the Vancouver Canucks for Jannik Hansen. He made his debut for the Canucks on 4 March 2017, scoring the game-winning goal in a 4–3 victory over the Los Angeles Kings.
In his first full season with the Canucks, Goldobin recorded 27 points in 63 games. On 4 September 2019, the Canucks re-signed Goldobin to a one-year, $900,000 contract extension. On 30 September 2019, Goldobin was placed on waivers by the Canucks, prior to the start of the 2019–20 NHL season. He cleared waivers the next day and was assigned to the Utica Comets. Goldobin remained with the Comets for the majority of the season, finishing among the club's leading scorers with 50 points in just 51 games, before the season was cancelled due to COVID-19. .
As an impending restricted free agent with the Canucks, Goldobin opted leave North America by signing a two-year contract with his original Russian club, CSKA Moscow of the KHL on 18 June 2020.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
Regular season and playoffs[edit | edit source]
|2011–12||Russkie Vityazi Chekhov||MHL||50||13||9||22||8||9||2||1||3||0|
|2015–16||San Jose Barracuda||AHL||60||21||23||44||18||4||2||0||2||4|
|2015–16||San Jose Sharks||NHL||9||1||1||2||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||San Jose Barracuda||AHL||46||15||26||41||16||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||San Jose Sharks||NHL||2||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
International[edit | edit source]
Awards and honours[edit | edit source]
|CHL Top Prospects Game Player of the Game (Team Cherry)||2014|||
References[edit | edit source]
- Pee-Wee players who have reached NHL or WHA (2018).
- Greyhounds, Wolves Rise In Latest OHL Power Rankings - Junior Hockey News. Juniorhockey.com. Retrieved on 6 December 2014.
- Hockey's Future - Nikolay Goldobin. Hockey's Future. Retrieved on 6 December 2014.
- Nikolay Goldobin prospect profile. dobbersports.com (2014-06-24). Archived from the original on 22 February 2014. Retrieved on 2014-06-24.
- BlackburnNews.com - Goldobin Shines At Top Prospects. Blackburnnews.com. Archived from the original on 8 December 2014. Retrieved on 6 December 2014.
- Sharks Sign Goldobin to Entry-Level Contract. sharks.nhl.com (26 September 2014). Retrieved on 12 December 2014.
- Sharks Assign Forward Nikolay Goldobin to HIFK. San Jose Sharks (6 October 2014). Retrieved on 6 October 2014.
- Sharks recall forward Nik Goldobin. San Jose Sharks (2015-10-16). Retrieved on 2015-10-16.
- Goldobin gets shot on line with Joes. San Jose Mercury News (2015-10-16). Retrieved on 2015-10-16.
- San Jose Sharks at New York Islanders. National Hockey League (2015-10-17). Retrieved on 2015-10-17.
- Vancouver Canucks trade Jannik Hansen to San Jose Sharks. Sportsnet.ca (2017-02-28). Retrieved on 2017-03-01.
- Hall, Jon. Canucks defeat LA Kings on the road.
- Canucks re-sign Goldobin to a one-year contract. Retrieved on 4 September 2019.
- "Canucks reduce pre-season roster", 30 September 2019. Retrieved on 1 October 2019.
- "Nikolay Goldobin will continue his career with CSKA" (in Russian). CSKA Moscow (18 June 2020). Retrieved on 18 June 2020.
- Top NHL prospects shine in Team Orr victory. canada.com. Retrieved on 6 December 2014.
[edit | edit source]
|Awards and achievements|
|San Jose Sharks first round draft pick