|Born||March 20, 1995,|
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
|6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
230 lb (100 kg; 16 st 6 lb)
|NHL team||Ottawa Senators|
|NHL Draft||101st overall, 2013|
Nicholas Paul (born March 20, 1995) is a Canadian professional ice hockey forward for the Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey League (NHL). A left winger, he was selected by the Dallas Stars in the fourth round, 101st overall, of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Born in Mississauga, Ontario, Paul played for the Mississauga Chargers before signing with the Brampton Battalion, (later the North Bay Battalion). After his first season with the Battalion, where he scored 12 goals and 28 points, Paul was selected by the Dallas Stars in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft. While still a junior, Paul's NHL rights were traded by the Stars on July 1, 2014, along with Alex Chiasson, Alex Guptill, and a 2015 second-round pick, to the Ottawa Senators in exchange for Jason Spezza and Ludwig Karlsson.
Paul signed with Ottawa and made his professional debut with their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Binghamton Senators in the 2014–15 season. He finished with six goals and 11 assists in 45 games with Binghamton. Paul was assigned to Binghamton by Ottawa for the 2015–16 season also. Paul was called up in February 2016 and made his NHL debut on February 16, 2016, against the Buffalo Sabres. He recorded his first career NHL goal on February 24, 2016, in a 4–1 win over the Edmonton Oilers.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
Regular season and playoffs[edit | edit source]
|2013–14||North Bay Battalion||OHL||67||26||20||46||39||22||12||6||18||10|
|2014–15||North Bay Battalion||OHL||58||37||29||66||49||15||7||8||15||6|
International[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Senators trade captain Jason Spezza to Stars (2014-07-01). Retrieved on 2016-02-17.
- Senators edge Sabres in 2-1 shootout win (February 16, 2016). Retrieved on October 15, 2018.
- Nick Paul nets first NHL goal (February 24, 2016). Retrieved on October 15, 2018.
- Senators sign forward Nick Paul to a one-year deal (July 16, 2018). Retrieved on October 15, 2018.
- (July 2, 2019). Senators sign forward Nick Paul to a one-year, two-way contract. Press release. Retrieved on July 3, 2019.