|Born||July 20, 1993,|
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
|5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb)
|Vegas Golden Knights|
|NHL Draft||68th overall, 2011|
Brian Nicholas Cousins (born July 20, 1993) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player currently playing for the Vegas Golden Knights of the National Hockey League (NHL). Cousins was selected by the Philadelphia Flyers in the third round (68th overall) of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
Cousins played four seasons (2009–2013) of major junior hockey with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds of the Ontario Hockey League, scoring 102 goals and 189 assists for 291 points, while earning 261 penalty minutes, in 264 games played. On March 26, 2012, Cousins was signed to a three-year, entry-level contract with the Philadelphia Flyers.
On June 16, 2017, Cousins' five-year tenure with the Flyers ended as he was traded alongside Merrick Madsen to the Arizona Coyotes in exchange for Brendan Warren and a fifth-round choice in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.
In establishing a bottom-six role, providing an agitating two-way presence within the Coyotes organization, Cousins recorded a career-high 27 points (7 goals, 20 assists), in 81 games in the 2018–19 season. On June 25, 2019, as an impending restricted free agent, Cousins was not tendered a qualifying offer from the Coyotes, releasing him as a free agent.
On July 5, 2019, Cousins signed a one-year, $1 million contract with the Montreal Canadiens. He skated in 58 games for the club, recording nine goals and 13 assists. On February 24, 2020, Cousins was traded to the Vegas Golden Knights in exchange for a 2021 fourth-round pick.
Regular season and playoffs
|2009–10||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||67||11||21||32||34||5||0||1||1||2|
|2010–11||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||68||29||39||68||56||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||65||35||53||88||88||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds||OHL||64||27||76||103||83||6||3||3||6||12|
|2014–15||Lehigh Valley Phantoms||AHL||64||22||34||56||73||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||Lehigh Valley Phantoms||AHL||38||12||26||38||45||—||—||—||—||—|
|2019–20||Vegas Golden Knights||NHL||7||1||2||3||2|
- Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds players charged in sexual assault; team defers on whether they'll attend training camp. Yahoo.com (2012-08-26). Retrieved on 2012-08-26.
- Police charge three Greyhounds' players with sexual assault. The Sports Network (2012-08-26). Retrieved on 2012-08-26.
- Nick Cousins agrees to entry-level contract with Flyers (2012-03-26). Retrieved on 2012-03-26.
- Philadelphia Flyers at Vancouver Canucks. Philadelphia Flyers (2015-03-17). Retrieved on 2015-03-17.
- Coyotes acquire Cousins and Madsen from Flyers. Arizona Coyotes (2017-06-16). Retrieved on 2017-06-16.
- After Ben Hutton, who are the top players not to receive QO's. The Hockey News (June 26, 2019). Retrieved on June 26, 2019.
- Habs sign F Cousins to one-year, $1M contract (July 5, 2019). Retrieved on July 5, 2019.
- Golden Knights' Nick Cousins: Shipped to desert (en).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Nick Cousins|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Nick Cousins. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|