|6 ft 3 in (0 m)|
191 lb (87 kg)
|NHL Team (P)
Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)
|Born||December 5 1992,|
Strathroy, ON, CAN
|NHL Draft||17th overall, 2011|
|Pro Career||2008 – present|
Nathan Beaulieu (born December 5, 1992) is a Canadian ice hockey player who is currently playing for the Saint John Sea Dogs in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). He was selected 17th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the Montreal Canadiens. Beaulieu helped the Sea Dogs capture the 2011 Memorial Cup, and was named to the tournament's all-star team.
Beaulieu was drafted by the Saint John Sea Dogs in the fourth round (68th overall) of the 2008 Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL) Midget Draft. When he started his career with the Sea Dogs in 2008, his father, Jacques was the team's head coach. His father was sacked by the team and replaced with Gerard Gallant in 2009, an incident which caused Beaulieu to consider leaving the team. After speaking with Gallant, he decided to remain with Saint John.
During the 2010–11 QMJHL season, Beaulieu established himself as a top prospect for the 2011 National Hockey League (NHL) Entry Draft, and was nominated for the Mike Bossy Trophy, awarded to the league's top professional prospect. He lost the award to Sean Couturier. Beaulieu was ranked fifth among North American skaters by the NHL Central Scouting Bureau in their final rankings, an improvement from his mid-season ranking of ninth. Saint John captured the QMJHL league championship and moved on to the 2011 Memorial Cup. Beaulieu scored the winning goal in the team's first game of the tournament against the host Mississauga Majors. The Sea Dogs met the Majors again in the championship game of the tournament and won 3-1, to capture the Memorial Cup. After the tournament, Beaulieu was named to the Memorial Cup All-Star Team. The Sea Dogs win was the second Memorial Cup win for the Beaulieu family, as Jacques was an assistant coach with the London Knights when they won in 2005.
|2008–09||Saint John Sea Dogs||QMJHL||49||2||8||10||14||4||0||0||0||2|
|2009–10||Saint John Sea Dogs||QMJHL||66||12||33||45||40||21||4||12||16||22|
|2010–11||Saint John Sea Dogs||QMJHL||65||12||33||45||52||19||4||13||17||26|
- Nathan Beaulieu. Quebec Major Junior Hockey League. Retrieved on 2011-06-03.
- Klinkenberg, Marty (2011-05-23). Beaulieu in pursuit of rare father/son accomplishment. Telegraph Journal. Canada East. Retrieved on 2011-06-03.
- Morreale, Mike G. (2011-03-22). QMJHL Announces finalists for Golden Puck Awards. National Hockey League. Retrieved on 2011-06-03.
- Beacon, Bill (2011-04-07). Islanders, Rocket goalie among QMJHL award winners. The Guardian. Retrieved on 2011-06-03.
- Beaulieu, Nathan. National Hockey League. Retrieved on 2011-06-03.
- MasterCard Memorial Cup Individual Award Winners. Canadian Hockey League (2011-05-29). Retrieved on 2011-06-03.
- Strathroy's Nathan Beaulieu part of Memorial Cup team. Strathroy Age Dispatch (2011-06-01). Retrieved on 2011-06-03.
- Nathan Beaulieu's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Nathan Beaulieu's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
|Montreal Canadiens first round draft pick
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Nathan Beaulieu. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|