|6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
211 lb (96 kg)
|NHL Team (P)
Syracuse Crunch (AHL)
Columbus Blue Jackets
|Born||December 10, 1982,|
Sewickley, PA, USA
|NHL Draft||127th overall, 2002|
New York Rangers
|Pro Career||2006 – present|
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Guenin played high school hockey in the Pittsburgh suburb of Hopewell. He was drafted 127th overall in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft by the New York Rangers. After completing a four year collegiate career with the Ohio State Buckeyes, Guenin was signed as a free agent by the Philadelphia Flyers on August 16, 2006. Nate made his professional debut in the 2006–07 season with the Flyers affiliate the Phantoms of the American Hockey League. Later in the season Guenin made his NHL debut with the Flyers. Guenin recorded his first and second assists on March 31, 2007 vs. the New Jersey Devils.
After spending the next two seasons primarily with the Phantoms, Guenin signed with the Pittsburgh Penguins on July 3, 2009. On February 11, 2010, Guenin was traded by the Penguins to the St. Louis Blues for Steven Wagner.
On July 2, 2010, Guenin signed a one-year contract with the Columbus Blue Jackets. He was assigned to start the 2010–11 season with AHL affiliate, the Springfield Falcons, but was later recalled and made his Blue Jackets debut in a 3-2 victory over the Minnesota Wild on October 16, 2010. After 3 games with Columbus, Guenin was returned to the Falcons and on January 4, 2011, was traded by the Blue Jackets to the Anaheim Ducks in exchange for Trevor Smith.
Awards[edit | edit source]
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
|2000–01||Green Bay Gamblers||USHL||54||2||11||13||70||4||1||1||2||6|
|2001–02||Green Bay Gamblers||USHL||56||4||11||15||150||7||3||3||6||10|
|2002–03||Ohio State Buckeyes||CCHA||42||2||9||11||75||—||—||—||—||—|
|2003–04||Ohio State Buckeyes||CCHA||29||2||15||17||92||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||Ohio State Buckeyes||CCHA||41||2||12||14||136||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||Ohio State Buckeyes||CCHA||39||0||11||11||87||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||3||0||0||0||2||—||—||—||—||—|
References[edit | edit source]
- NHL Hockey Players from Western Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh Penguins (2010-05-26). Retrieved on 2010-05-26.
- Penguins deal Western Pennsylvania native Guenin. Post-gazette.com (2010-02-11). Retrieved on 2010-02-11.
- Blue Jackets minor moves. The Columbus Dispatch (2010-07-02). Retrieved on 2010-07-02.
- Blue Jackets 3, Wild 2. CBS Sports (2010-10-16). Retrieved on 2011-01-04.
- Ducks acquire Guenin from Blue Jackets for Trevor Smith. The Sports Network (2011-01-04). Retrieved on 2011-01-04.
[edit | edit source]
- Nate Guenin's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
- Nate Guenin's biography at Legends of Hockey
- Nate Guenin's NHL player profile
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Nate Guenin. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|