|League||Ontario Hockey League|
|Home arena||Hershey Centre|
|Colors||Blue, white, silver |
|General manager||James Boyd|
|Head coach||James Boyd|
|1906–62||Toronto St. Michael's Majors|
|1996–2007||Toronto St. Michael's Majors|
|2007–2012||Mississauga St. Michael's Majors|
The Mississauga Steelheads are a junior ice hockey team in the Ontario Hockey League, based in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. The team was originally known as the Toronto St. Michael's Majors, whose hockey program was founded and operated by St. Michael's College School in 1906.
The current franchise was revived in 1996, and was relocated to Mississauga in 2007 after spending 10 years in Toronto. The team was known as the Mississauga St. Michael's Majors from 2007-2012, until owner Eugene Melnyk sold the team to Elliott Kerr of Mississauga's Landmark Sport Group.
As a part of the sale, the Majors identity was returned to St. Michael's College, allowing the team to move forward under the fan-selected "Steelheads" moniker.
2012 - Present: James Boyd
As of March 1, 2015
|23||Stefan LeBlanc (A)||Left|
|2020-21||Season cancelled due to COVID-19 pandemic|
- 2012-13 Lost to Belleville Bulls 4 games to 2 in conference quarter-finals.
- 2013-14 Lost to Oshawa Generals 4 games to 0 in conference quarter-finals.
- 2014-15 Out of playoffs.
- 2015-16 Lost to Barre Colts 4 games to 3 in conference quarter-finals.
- 2016-17 Defeated Ottawa 67's 4 games to 2 in conference quarterfinals; Defeated Kingston Frontenacs 4 games to none in conference semifinals; Defeated Peterborough Petes 4 games to none in conference finals; lost to Erie Otters in Robertson Cup Final
- 2017-18 Lost to Barre Colts 4 games to 2 in conference quarter-finals.
- 2018-19 Lost to Sudbury Wolves 4 games to none in conference quarter-finals
- 2019-20 Playoffs cancelled
- 2020-21 Season cancelled
Uniforms and logos
The primary logo for the Steelheads displays a Steelhead trout above the word Steelheads with a maple leaf within the A. Below this is "Mississauga". The Steelheads colours are blue & white. The secondary logo features the Port Credit lighthouse within an M, representing the city landmark.
The Steelheads' blue and white uniforms bear a striking resemblance to those of the nearby Toronto Maple Leafs of the NHL; their home sweaters are white with blue striping and collars, while their road sweaters are blue with white striping and collars.
The team mascot is named Sauga. The name was created during a fan contest during the summer of 2012, when the organization asked its fans to create a name for the new Steelheads mascot.
- Mississauga Steelheads Official web site
- Ontario Hockey League Official web site
- Canadian Hockey League Official web site
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Mississauga Steelheads. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|