|No. of teams||22|
|TV partner(s)||KHL-TV (Russia (as part of the NTV Plus package), International (through KHL's website))|
The Minor Hockey League (MHL) (Russian: Молодежная Хоккейная Лига), sometimes called the Youth Hockey League (YHL), is a junior ice hockey league in Russia, founded in 2009. It consists of 22 teams. 20 of these teams are subsidiaries (feeder teams) for their respective Kontinental Hockey League professional counterparts and 2 teams are subsidiaries of Russian Major League teams (Khimik Voskresensk and MHC Krylya Sovetov). Players are aged 17–21. The Kharlamov Cup, named after star ice hockey player Valeri Kharlamov, is awarded annually as the Ice Hockey Federation of Russia's official Junior Championship, following a 16-team playoff at the end of the regular season.
Current member teamsEdit
- ↑ Телетрансляции матчей МХЛ – уже с ноября!. KHL.ru. Retrieved on 2009-11-03.
- ↑ The Future is Now. khl.ru. Retrieved on 2009-10-15.
- ↑ http://en.khl.ru/news/2009/7/6/13699.html
- ↑ MHL General Meeting. KHL. Retrieved on 12 August 2009.
- ↑ http://en.khl.ru/news/2009/7/2/13693.html