|Born||May 25, 1991,|
St. Clements, Ontario, Canada
|6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
201 lb (91 kg; 14 st 5 lb)
Kunlun Red Star
|NHL Draft||72nd overall, 2009|
Michael Latta (born May 25, 1991) is a Canadian professional ice hockey centre who is currently an unrestricted free agent. He most recently played for Kunlun Red Star of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). Latta was selected by the Nashville Predators in the third round, 72nd overall, at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Junior[edit | edit source]
Prior to turning professional, Latta played major junior hockey in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) with the Ottawa 67's and Guelph Storm. He was drafted by the Nashville Predators on June 26, 2009, at the 2009 NHL Entry Draft, 72nd overall.
Professional[edit | edit source]
After playing one more season in the OHL after being drafted, on April 14, 2010, Nashville signed Latta to a three-year, entry-level contract. He played three seasons with the Predators' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Milwaukee Admirals.
On July 1, 2016, after not being retained by the Capitals, Latta signed a one-year deal as a free agent with the Los Angeles Kings. After competing in training camp and pre-season with the Kings, Latta was reassigned to begin the 2016–17 season with AHL affiliate, the Ontario Reign. Latta featured in 29 games with the Reign for 6 points before he was traded without making an appearance for the Kings to the Chicago Blackhawks, in exchange for Cameron Schilling on January 21, 2017. Latta played out the season with the Blackhawks AHL affiliate, the Rockford IceHogs, regaining his scoring touch in contributing with 16 points in 32 games.
As a restricted free agent, Latta was not extended a qualifying offer by the Blackhawks releasing him to free agency on June 26, 2017. On July 4, 2017, Latta signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Arizona Coyotes. On December 14, the Coyotes traded Latta to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for Ryan Kujawinski.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
|2018–19||Kunlun Red Star||KHL||51||5||9||14||71||—||—||—||—||—|
References[edit | edit source]
- Michael Latta Nashville Predators - 2011-2012 Bio - Nashville Predators - Team
- Nashville Predators sign prospect Latta. Nashville Predators (2010-04-14). Retrieved on 2010-04-14.
- Capitals acquire Martin Erat and Michael Latta from Nashville. Washington Capitals (2013-04-03). Retrieved on 2013-04-03.
- "Michael Latta records first NHL goal, helps key Caps’ comeback against Red Wings", The Washington Post, November 16, 2013. Retrieved on July 18, 2018.
- "Michael Latta heading to LA". Los Angeles Kings (2016-07-01). Retrieved on 2016-07-01.
- "Blackhawks acquire Michael Latta from Kings for Cam Schilling". Sportsnet.ca (2017-01-21). Retrieved on 2017-01-21.
- "Blackhawks tender qualifying offers". secondcityhockey.com (2017-06-26). Retrieved on 2017-06-26.
- "Coyotes sign Latta to one-year contract". Arizona Coyotes (2017-07-04). Retrieved on 2017-07-04.
- Devils acquire forward Michael Latta from Arizona (December 14, 2017). Retrieved on December 15, 2017.
- Kitchener's Michael Latta signs with KHL's Kun Lun Red Star in China (July 18, 2018). Retrieved on July 18, 2018.
- Template loop detected: Template:Cite tweet
- NHL draft: Logan Stanley's size his biggest asset (June 24, 2016). Retrieved on March 27, 2018.
- Defenseman Stanley using size to advantage (May 12, 2016). Retrieved on March 27, 2018.