The Memorial Civic Centre opened in downtown Campbellton on the bank of the Restigouche River in 1992. It resulted in the closure of the 1930s era Memorial Arena and an outdoor swimming pool, both located on Arran Street.
The complex is equipped to accommodate sporting events, entertainment, commercial functions and trade shows on a local, regional, provincial or national basis. The Memorial Civic Center is designed to host Olympic competitions, provide training facilities for Canada's national teams and promote recreational and sporting opportunities for all age groups.
- a 3,500-seat multi-purpose arena, containing an Olympic size ice surface
- another Olympic size ice surface for practice
- a 25 metre, 8 lane, semi-Olympic swimming pool
- a wading pool
- 250 seat lounge overlooking arena and an outdoor patio
- 400 seat conference room for conventions and receptions
- several meeting rooms, 2 multi-purpose rooms, 8 changing rooms
- weight training, aerobics and fitness centre
- racquet ball and squash courts
- pro shop, medical centre, 2 canteens
- day care
|Current arenas in the Maritime Junior A Hockey League|
|Amherst Stadium · Kings Mutual Century Centre · Lunenburg County Lifestyle Centre · Rath Eastlink Community Centre · Pictou County Wellness Centre · Mariners Centre|
|Campbellton Memorial Civic Center · Consolidated Credit Union Place · E. & P. Senechal Centre · Grant-Harvey Centre · Jean-Daigle Centre · Miramichi Civic Centre|