|6 ft 1 in (0 m)|
198 lb (90 kg)
|Born||31 July 1988,|
|NHL Draft||161st overall, 2008|
|Pro Career||2005 – present|
Mats Frøshaug (born 31 July 1988, in Manglerud, Norway) is a Norwegian professional ice hockey player who is currently with Lørenskog IK of GET-ligaen and is a prospect for the Vancouver Canucks of the National Hockey League (NHL).
Club career[edit | edit source]
Early career[edit | edit source]
Frøshaug grew up playing for Manglerud Star, but 16 years of age, he moved to Sweden and began his junior career with Sunne. He played two seasons in the J18 and J20 Elit, beginning in 2004–05. He made his professional debut with Sunne in 2005–06, playing 14 games in Sweden's third-tier hockey league.
Linköping and NHL draft[edit | edit source]
The next season, he signed with Linköping and began competing in Sweden's premier junior league, the J20 SuperElit. After a 36-point season in 35 games with Linköping in 2007–08, he was drafted by the Vancouver Canucks in the sixth round, 161st overall, in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. That season, he also made his Elitserien debut, playing in two games with Linköping. Continuing to play in the Elitserien in 2008–09, he was loaned to Luleå on November 25, 2008, for the remainder of the season.
Back in Norway[edit | edit source]
As a result of limited ice time at Luleå, Frøshuag joined Sparta Warriors on 13 January 2009. On 18 January 2010, it was announced that Frøshaug was loaned out to his maiden club, Manglerud Star, for the rest of 2009–10.
International career[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- (Norwegian) Mats Frøshaug vender hjem til Manglerud Star. MSHockey.no
- Canucks Select Mats Frøshaug in the Sixth Round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft Canucks.NHL.com
- (Swedish) Norsk landslagsforward till LHF LuleåHockey.se
- (Norwegian) Frøshaug klar for Sparta VG.no
[edit | edit source]
- Mats Frøshaug - player profile and career stats at European Hockey.Net
- Mats Frøshaug's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
- Mats Frøshaug's NHL player profile
- Norwegian born players drafted by NHL teams
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Mats Frøshaug. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|