|Born||25 November 1994,|
|6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
209 lb (95 kg; 14 st 13 lb)
|NHL Draft||78th overall, 2013|
Marcus Högberg (born 25 November 1994) is a Swedish professional ice hockey goaltender for the Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey League (NHL). Högberg was selected by the Senators in the third round (78th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Högberg made his Swedish Hockey League debut playing with Linköping HC during the 2012–13 Elitserien season. On 17 March 2013, it was announced that Linköping would loan Högberg to Mora IK of the lower HockeyAllsvenskan for the duration of the 2013–14 season.
After his fourth season in the SHL, Högberg was signed to a two-year entry-level contract with the Ottawa Senators on 30 March 2017. He was signed by AHL affiliate, the Binghamton Senators, to a professional try-out deal to close out the 2016–17 season.
Högberg began the 2018–19 season with the Belleville Senators. However, before he was able to play a game for the Senators that season, he was re-assigned to the ECHL on 27 November. After being recalled back to the AHL, and playing in seven games, Högberg was recalled to the NHL on 22 December 2018. He was shortly thereafter re-assigned to the AHL but eventually made his NHL debut on 29 December against the Washington Capitals. He made 21 saves in the 3–2 loss to the Capitals.
On 19 June 2019, Högberg was signed to a two-year contract extension, with the second year on a one-way basis with the Senators at $700,000.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
Regular season and playoffs[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2012-13 Linköpings HC player statistics. Eliteprospects.com (2013-04-05). Retrieved on 2013-04-05.
- Mora has secured new goaltender (Swedish). Mora IK (2013-03-17). Archived from the original on 20 March 2013. Retrieved on 2013-03-17.
- Senators sign Marcus Hogberg to entry-level deal. Ottawa Senators (2017-03-31). Retrieved on 2017-03-31.
- Senators announce opening-night roster (3 October 2018). Retrieved on 29 December 2018.
- Hogberg heads to Brampton (27 November 2018). Retrieved on 29 December 2018.
- Hogberg reassigned back to Belleville (28 November 2018). Retrieved on 29 December 2018.
- Ottawa recalls Hogberg from Belleville (22 December 2018). Retrieved on 29 December 2018.
- Senators' Marcus Hogberg to make NHL debut vs. Capitals (29 December 2018). Retrieved on 29 December 2018.
- First goals help Capitals defeat Senators, extend win streak (December 29, 2018). Retrieved on December 30, 2018.
- Senators sign goaltender Marcus Hogberg to two-year contract extension. Ottawa Senators (19 June 2019). Retrieved on 19 June 2019.
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Marcus Högberg. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|