This is a list of men's national ice hockey teams in the world. There are fewer than 100 national ice hockey teams than for any other sports, with teams representing all UN member states as well as several dependent territories, sub-national entities and states who are not members of the United Nations.
Current national ice hockey teams
This section lists the current:
- The International Ice Hockey Federation has 81 members (56 full members, 24 associate members and one affiliate member).
IIHF Full members
Teams have participated in the IIHF-sanctioned World Championships and matches between them are recognized as official international matches. Based on their match results over the previous four-year period, the IIHF World Ranking.
The current holders of the 2019 IIHF World Championship are marked by ♠.
The current participants for the 2020 IIHF World Championship Top Division are marked by ♣.
The current medalists of the 2018 Winter Olympics are marked by the appropriate medals.
^ Note 1: Since 2013, Mongolia has only participated in the IIHF Challenge Cup of Asia, a regional tournament for lower-tier hockey nations in Asia. When the IIHF enacted new "minimum participation standards", stipulating that the country must have at least one functional, full-sized indoor rink.
^ Note 2: The Russian Olympic Committee was disqualified by the International Olympic Committee for doping, but they were allowed to participate as the Olympic Athletes from Russia (OAR).
IIHF Associate members
Teams did not enter in any IIHF World Championships, but have limited participation in the IIHF World Championships.
1. Asian teams have only participated in the IIHF Challenge Cup of Asia as of 2019.
2. Europe and North America have only participated in the 2016 World Cup of Hockey.
^ Note 3: Iran was disqualified from the 2017 Asian Winter Games due to a number of Iranian players were deemed ineligible in the regional games.
IIHF Affiliate members
Teams have only participated in the IIHF Inline Hockey World Championships.
Former national ice hockey teams
These national teams no longer exist through the years.
- Basque Country
- CIS ( Unified Team)
- East Germany
- West Germany
- Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia
- Saint Pierre & Miquelon
- Serbia and Montenegro
- Soviet Union
- Ice hockey by country
- List of ice hockey leagues
- List of members of the International Ice Hockey Federation
- Biggest Global Sports. Retrieved on 11 September 2015.
- Members. International Ice Hockey Federation (2016-06-16).
- Asia – IIHF.com.
- Official Site of the 2016 World Cup of Hockey.
- "Iranian ice hockey team disqualified from Sapporo 2017 over ineligible players", Inside the Games, 19 February 2017. Retrieved on 21 February 2017.
- IIHF Inline Hockey World Championship.
|International Ice Hockey Federation (IIHF)|
|World Championships||Ice Hockey World Championships - U20 - U18 - World Women's Championships - U18 - Inline Hockey World Championship|
|Awards and honors||Centennial All-Star Team - Hall of Fame - Paul Loicq Award - Torriani Award|
|Related articles||World Ranking (Past) - Members - Teams - Debuts - Triple Gold Club - International Ice Hockey Association|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at List of national ice hockey teams. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|