|6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
226 lb (103 kg)
|NHL Team||Edmonton Oilers|
|Born||February 1, 1986,|
Frýdlant v Čechách, CS
|NHL Draft||9th overall, 2004|
|Pro Career||2005 – present|
Ladislav Šmíd (born February 1, 1986) is a Czech professional ice hockey player currently playing for the Edmonton Oilers of the National Hockey League (NHL). In his first season in the NHL, he recorded three goals with 10 assists while playing in 77 games, but only managed four assists the following season in 65 games.
- Drafted in the first round of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, 9th overall by the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim.
- NHL rights traded to the Edmonton Oilers (along with Joffrey Lupul and several draft picks), in exchange for Chris Pronger.
- Earned a spot on the Oilers' lineup for the 2006–07 season out of training camp.
- Represented the Western Conference in the 2007 NHL Young-stars game held in Dallas.
- Scored his first NHL goal on February 22, 2007 against Columbus Blue Jackets netminder Fredrik Norrena.
- Assigned to the Springfield Falcons of the AHL for the 2007–08 season.
- Played a game as a forward against the Detroit Red Wings on November 20, 2008.
|2002–03||HC Bílí Tygři Liberec||Czech||4||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2003–04||HC Bílí Tygři Liberec||Czech||45||1||1||2||51||—||—||—||—||—|
|2004–05||HC Bílí Tygři Liberec||Czech||39||1||3||4||14||12||0||0||0||6|
|Anaheim Mighty Ducks first round draft pick
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Ladislav Šmíd. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|