The Kazakhstani women's national ice hockey team is controlled by Kazakhstan Ice Hockey Federation. Kazakhstan is currently ranked 8th in the world in women's hockey. They surprised many by beating the Russian national women's ice hockey team at the 2005 Women's World Ice Hockey Championships in the 7th place game, their highest ever position at a World or Olympic championship. Kazakhstan has 200 female players (2005). The head coach is Sergey Solovyev.
Current top playersEdit
European Championship recordEdit
- 1989-1995 - Did not participate
- 1996 - Finished in 13th place (7th in "Pool B")
World Championship recordEdit
- 1990-1999 - Did not participate
- 2000 - Finished in 9th place (1st in Pool B, Promoted to World Championships)
- 2001 - Finished in 8th place (Relegated to Division I)
- 2003* - Finished in 10th place (2nd in Division I)
- 2004 - Finished in 10th place (1st in Division I, Promoted to World Championships)
- 2005 - Finished in 7th place
- 2007 - Finished in 9th place (Demoted to "Division I")
- 2008 - Finished in 10th place (1st in Division I, Promoted to World Championships)
- 2009 - Finished in 6th place
*Main championships cancelled due to SARS outbreak. Did not affect Division I.