|5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
165 lb (75 kg)
|Born||September 18, 1982,|
Huntsville, AL, USA
|Pro Career||2005 – present|
Jared Ross (born September 18, 1982) is an American professional ice hockey center who plays for ERC Ingolstadt of the Deutsche Eishockey Liga (DEL). When he debuted with the Philadelphia Flyers at the beginning of the 2008–09 season, he became the first player born and trained in the state of Alabama to play in the NHL. Ross and Blake Geoffrion are the only NHL players to date to have been raised in the American South.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
After spending four years playing collegiate hockey with the Alabama-Huntsville Chargers, Ross made his professional debut with the Motor City Mechanics of the United Hockey League in 2005. He spent most of the next two seasons with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League until being traded to the Philadelphia Phantoms for the loan of Niko Dimitrakos on March 1, 2007. During the 2007–08 season, he led the Phantoms with 62 points and the Philadelphia Flyers, the Phantoms parent club, signed Ross to a two-way contract on April 8, 2008.
Ross made the Flyers roster out of training camp and made his NHL debut on October 11, 2008 against the New York Rangers. He spent most of the 2008–09 season with the Phantoms, once again leading the team with 69 points and also tying for the team lead with 29 goals. Ross was recalled at the end of the regular season and he played in all six of the team's playoff games against the Pittsburgh Penguins. He scored his first NHL goal in game 3 of the series, beating Marc-Andre Fleury in a 6–3 win on April 19, 2009.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
|2004–05||Motor City Mechanics||UHL||12||3||5||8||2||—||—||—||—||—|
References[edit | edit source]
- Jared Ross Official Player Page - Career Stats. Philadelphia Flyers. Retrieved on 2009-04-29.
- 2007–08 Philadelphia Phantoms (AHL) player statistics. Internet Hockey Database. Retrieved on 2009-04-29.
- Jared Ross Official Player Page - 2008-09 Game Log. Philadelphia Flyers. Retrieved on 2009-04-29.
- 2008–09 Philadelphia Phantoms (AHL) player statistics. Internet Hockey Database. Retrieved on 2009-04-29.
- News: Sbisa and Ross Recalled from Phantoms. Philadelphia Flyers (2009-04-13). Retrieved on 2009-04-29.
- Recap: Pittsburgh @ Philadelphia - 19 April 2009. Philadelphia Flyers (2009-04-19). Retrieved on 2009-04-29.
- Thrashers Sign Unrestricted Free Agents Jared Ross and Jaime Sifers. Atlanta Thrashers (2010-07-07). Retrieved on 2010-07-07.
- "Ross and Reich come, Schaefer's gone" (in German). ERC Ingolstadt (2011-04-30). Retrieved on 2011-04-30.
[edit | edit source]
- Jared Ross's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
- Jared Ross's career stats at Hockey-Reference.com
- Jared Ross's NHL player profile
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Jared Ross. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|