|This article or section is in the middle of an expansion or major revamping. You are welcome to assist in its construction by editing it as well. If this article
has not been edited in several days, please remove this template.|
The Interstate Hockey League is a men's senior hockey league based in the southeastern portion of the state of Michigan. The league announced a 2018-19 inaugural season. The league will be strictly amateur. The teams will be centrally owned by the league and operated by managers who will run the day to day operations.
In light of what happened with the USA Central Hockey League rushing to get the league going for 2018-19 and collapsing in short order and the death of a team operator, league commissioner Drake Mackenzie decided to delay the start of the league until the 2019-20 season.
(tenative information, subject to change and secondary verification)
- The Canton Wolfpack are no longer listed as a team on the league website.
- the addition of the Dimondale, Michigan based Lansing Capitals.
- The Lapeer Nepessings
- the Bay City Muskies They were later renamed the Bay City Americans. which was in honor of a former semipro team that played in the city from 1935 to 1975.
- the Fraser, Michigan based Detroit Vipers (2019)
- a previously planned Traverse City, Michigan team to be called the Traverse City Gulls was relocated to St. Ignace, Michigan and will be named the St. Ignace Grizzlies after the arena they were planning on playing in voted down a lease for the team.
- the Motor City Stags were originally planned for Midland, Michigan but could not reach a satisfactory deal for ice time and relocated to Brighton, Michigan.
- the Alpena North Stars
- the Muskegon Voyageurs which were later renamed the Muskegon Mohawks
- the Battle Creek Calvary
- the Holland Beacons
- the St. Clair Gulls
- the Flint Wolfpack