|Area of jurisdiction||Prince Edward Island|
The Hockey PEI is the governing body of all ice hockey in Prince Edward Island, Canada. Hockey PEI is a branch of Hockey Canada. The organization has been in existence from 1974 to present and is subdivided into six smaller councils, including Minor Hockey Council, Female Hockey Council, Junior Hockey Council, Senior Hockey Council,
Development Council, and Officials Council. Hockey PEI has approximately 8,000 members throughout the province. The organization was previously known as the "Prince Edward Island Hockey Association". The change was made at a meeting held January 16, 2006. The change was made to go along with the renaming of the Canadian Amateur Hockey Association to Hockey Canada which had already been done by 8 other provincial/regional member branches under Hockey Canada's jurisdiction at this point.
Leagues[edit | edit source]
- Maritime Junior A Hockey League Tier II Junior "A"
- Island Junior Hockey League Junior "B"
- Prince Edward Island Minor Junior Hockey League Junior "C"
- Charlottetown Minor Hockey Association Minor
- Sherwood Parkdale Rural Minor Hockey Association Minor
- Pownal Minor Hockey Association Minor
- North River Minor Hockey Association Minor
- North Star Minor Hockey Association Minor
- Summerside Minor Hockey Minor
- Female Hockey PEI Women's
Board of Directors[edit | edit source]
Hockey PEI is run by a board of eleven directors. The current president is Gordie Whitlock (2008 - present).
Past Presidents[edit | edit source]
- Pius Callaghan (1974-1976)
- Clair Sudsbury (1976-1980)
- Paul Jelley (1980-1981)
- Wayne MacDougall (1981-1985)
- Ken Doucette (1985-1988)
- Cecil Taylor (1988-1992)
- Jim Molyneaux (1992-1993)
- Brian Cameron (1993-1995)
- Don Blacquire (1995-1996)
- John Brehaut (1996-2000)
- Allie Woolridge (2000-2002)
- George Trainor (2002-2004)
- Wendall Shaw (2004-2006)
- Gordie Lund (2006-2008)