|Born||September 1 1987,|
Toronto, ON, CAN
|5 ft 11 in (0 m)|
175 lb (79 kg; 12)
|NHL team||Philadelphia Flyers|
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Brown University[edit | edit source]
Prior to turning professional, Zolnierczyk attended the Brown University where he played four seasons with the Brown Bears men's ice hockey team which competes in NCAA's Division I in the ECAC Hockey conference.
In his senior season with Brown, Zolnierczyk was named team captain, replacing graduating captain Aaron Volpatti. After scoring 31 points, including a career-high sixteen goals, Zolnierczyk was named Ivy League Player of the Year.
Philadelphia Flyers[edit | edit source]
On March 8, 2011, Zolnierczyk signed a one-year, $900,000 entry level contract with the Philadelphia Flyers to take effect at the outset of the 2011–12 NHL season. Less than a week later, he signed an amateur tryout contract with the Flyers' AHL affliliate, the Adirondack Phantoms. In sixteen games with the Phantoms, Zolnierczyk finished the 2010–11 AHL season with three goals, two assists, and 37 penalty minutes.
After being cut by the Flyers on October 4, 2011 following his first NHL training camp and pre-season, Zolnierczyk was assigned to the Phantoms to begin his first full professional ice hockey season. On October 18, 2011, the Flyers re-called Zolnierczyk to replace injured Flyers forward Andreas Nödl in their game that night versus the Ottawa Senators. In the first game of his NHL career, Zolnierczyk scored his first NHL goal with 45 seconds remaining in the third period against Senators' goaltender Craig Anderson. The following day, Zolnierczyk was returned to the Phantoms.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
Regular season and playoffs[edit | edit source]
|2005–06||Alberni Valley Bulldogs||BCHL||53||9||13||22||40||6||1||3||4||10|
|2006–07||Alberni Valley Bulldogs||BCHL||47||20||18||38||85||5||3||2||5||10|
Awards and achievements[edit | edit source]
NCAA[edit | edit source]
|ECAC Hockey All-Academic Team||2009|
|Ivy League Player of the Year||2011|
References[edit | edit source]
- "Zolnierczyk named 2010-2011 men's hockey captain; Brownschidle, MacLellan, & Russell named assistant captains", Brown Bears, 2010-04-22. Retrieved on 2011-10-19.
- McCoy, Ethan. "Zolnierczyk ’11 named men's hockey Ivy League Player of the Year", The Brown Daily Herald, 2011-03-04. Retrieved on 2011-10-19.
- "Around the NHL: Flyers sign Brown captain", Fox News Channel, 2011-03-08. Retrieved on 2011-10-19.
- Harry Zolnierczyk. CapGeek.com. Retrieved on 2011-10-19.
- "Zolnierczyk Signs ATO with Phantoms", Adirondack Phantoms, 2011-03-14. Retrieved on 2011-10-19.
- Carchidi, Sam. "Flyers send Schenn to minors, waive role players", 2011-10-05. Retrieved on 2011-10-19.
- Panaccio, Tim. "Flyers' call up Zolnierczyk to debut; Bob to start", Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, 2011-10-18. Retrieved on 2011-10-19.
- Nicks, Erin. "Flyers rout struggling Senators 7-2", National Hockey League, 2011-10-18. Retrieved on 2011-10-19.
- "Flyers call up Schenn, demote Zolnierczyk and Rinaldo", The Sports Network, 2011-10-19. Retrieved on 2011-10-19.