Gander is a town of about 10,000 in northeastern Newfoundland and Labrador.
Teams[edit | edit source]
- Gander Flyers (1960s-1980s)
- (Newfoundland Senior Hockey League, 1970-1974, 1976-1977)
- (Central Newfoundland Hockey League (2009-2012) join NSHL
- (Newfoundland Senior Hockey League, (2012-2014) join CWSHL
- (Central/West Senior Hockey League, 2014- Present)
Arenas[edit | edit source]
- Newfoundland Airport Outdoor Rink (1940-1946) used by teams made of RCAF members stationed at the base
- Gander Gardens "Hanger 12" (1946-1955) converted airport hangar used as the town's first indoor natural ice rink until 1956.
- Gander Gardens II (1956-1962) building was a former RCAF recreation hall at the Gander Airport
- Gander Gardens III (1963-2000)
- Steele Community Centre (formerly Gander Community Centre) (2000-Present)
source on early rinks http://nlhhs.org/gander-in-nl-senior-hockey.html
External Links[edit | edit source]
- Gander, Newfoundland and Labrador on Wikipedia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.