|Born||3 June 1997,|
Prague, Czech Republic
|6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
196 lb (89 kg; 14 st 0 lb)
|NHL team (P)
Belleville Senators (AHL)
|NHL Draft||48th overall, 2015|
Filip Chlapík (born 3 June 1997) is a Czech professional ice hockey forward. He is currently playing for the Belleville Senators in the American Hockey League (AHL) as a prospect to the Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey League (NHL). Chlapík was selected 48th overall by the Senators in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Chlapík was drafted by the Charlottetown Islanders in the 1st round (11th overall) of the 2014 CHL Import Draft. In his first season with Charlottetown he was recognized for his outstanding play when he was selected to take part in the 2015 CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game. He was also named to the 2014–15 QMJHL All-Rookie Team after tying for league lead in both rookie goal scoring (33) and power play goals (10).
Chlapík signed an entry level contract with the Ottawa Senators on 22 December 2016. Chlapík made his professional debut with the Belleville Senators, the American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate of the Ottawa Senators in October 2017. Chlapík was an injury callup to Ottawa later in October and made his NHL debut on 26 October 2017 in a 5–4 win against the Philadelphia Flyers, during which he scored his first NHL point.
Chlapík started the 2017–18 season with the Belleville Senators. He was called up to the NHL on 25 October 2017 and played one game before being sent back to the AHL on 28 October 2017. He was called up multiple times in December and January but was injured in a game against the Minnesota Wild and was sent down to the AHL shortly after. Chlapík was not called up again until 19 March 2018, and he recorded his first NHL goal on 22 March 2018, in a game against the Edmonton Oilers.
International play[edit | edit source]
Chlapík won silver medals with the Czech under-18 national team at both the 2014 IIHF World U18 Championships and 2014 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament. He also competed at the 2015 IIHF World U18 Championships where the Czech national team was eliminated in the Quarterfinals.
Personal life[edit | edit source]
His brother Adam Chlapík is also a hockey player.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
Regular season and playoffs[edit | edit source]
|2013–14||HC Sparta Praha||Czech20||38||16||19||35||22||7||3||3||6||6|
International[edit | edit source]
Awards and honours[edit | edit source]
|IIHF World U18 Championship Silver Medal||2014|||
|Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament Silver Medal||2014|||
|CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game||2015|||
|QMJHL All-Rookie Team||2014–15|||
References[edit | edit source]
- Sprong, Chlapik Among Notable Charlottetown Prospects. The Hockey Writers (15 June 2015). Retrieved on 28 June 2015.
- Rogers Digital Media. Islanders' Chlapik making a name for himself - Sportsnet.ca. Sportsnet.ca. Retrieved on 28 June 2015.
- Rogers Digital Media. QMJHL blog: Chlapik continues his domination. Sportsnet.ca. Retrieved on 28 June 2015.
- Jakub Zboril, physical defenseman for Saint Jonh Sea Dogs, adapted well to QMJHL. NHL.com. Retrieved on 28 June 2015.
- Senators sign Czech centre Filip Chlapik to entry-level deal (22 December 2016). Retrieved on 26 March 2018.
- Chlapik and McCormick return to Belleville (28 October 2017). Retrieved on 26 March 2018. “Chlapik made his NHL debut Thursday night where he recorded an assist in Ottawa’s 5-4 win over the Flyers”
- Senators cut 3 from camp; Chlapik assigned to Belleville (26 September 2017). Retrieved on 26 March 2018.
- Rodewald and Chlapik receive NHL call-ups (25 October 2018). Retrieved on 26 March 2018.
- @Senators (28 October 2017). Roster update: The #Sens have reassigned Filip Chlapik and Max McCormick to Belleville (AHL) @BellevilleSens.
- "Filip Chlapik the latest Senators' player headed for injury list", Ottawa Sun, 23 January 2018. Retrieved on 26 March 2018.
- @Senators (31 January 2018). Roster update: The #Sens have reassigned Filip Chlapik to Belleville (AHL).
- Senators recall Filip Chlapik, demote Jim O'Brien (19 March 2018). Retrieved on 26 March 2018.
- Game Day 5: Sens vs Hurricanes (24 March 2018). Retrieved on 25 March 2018.
- Chlapik Invited to Training Camp for Czech World Junior Team. charlottetownislanders.com. Retrieved on 28 June 2015.
- Sprong benefiting from Penguins development camp (13 August 2015).
- Czech Republic's Spacek and Chlapik wear their silver medals after their gold medal game against Team USA at the U18 World Champs 2014. Yahoo Eurosport UK (27 April 2014). Retrieved on 28 June 2015.
- Filip Chlapik, prospect for 2015 NHL Draft, combines excellent skill with strong hockey IQ. NHL.com. Retrieved on 28 June 2015.
- Chlapik, Sprong to play in tonight's prospects game. theguardian.pe.ca. Retrieved on 28 June 2015.
- The Golden Puck Awards: an unforgettable evening!. theqmjhl.ca. Retrieved on 28 June 2015.
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Filip Chlapík. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|