|Born||23 May 1994,|
|6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
207 lb (94 kg; 14 st 11 lb)
|NHL Draft||74th overall, 2012|
Esa Lindell (born 23 May 1994) is a Finnish professional ice hockey defenceman currently playing for the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected by the Stars in the third round, 74th overall, of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
Lindell made his SM-liiga debut playing with Jokerit during the 2012–13 season. On 7 May 2014, he signed a three-year, entry-level contract with the Dallas Stars, the organization that had drafted him in the third round, 74th overall, of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
Lindell was reassigned to the Liiga for the 2014–15 season, joining Ässät. He established a career-high year, registering 14 goals and 35 points in 57 games with the club, which led all Liiga defencemen in scoring, before on 16 March 2015 he was assigned by Dallas to the organization's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Texas Stars.
On 16 May 2019, Lindell signed a six-year, $34.8 million contract extension with the Stars, carrying an annual cap hit of $5.8 million.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
Regular season and playoffs[edit | edit source]
|Competitor for Finland|
|World Junior Championships|
International[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- 2012–13 Jokerit player statistics. Eliteprospects.com (2013-05-04). Retrieved on 2013-05-04.
- Stars sign defenseman Esa Lindell to entry-level contract (2014-05-07). Retrieved on 2014-05-07.
- Dallas Stars recall Esa Lindell. Dallas Stars (2016-01-18). Retrieved on 2016-01-18.
- Esa Lindell scores first NHL goal in Stars win (26 November 2016).
- Stars Sign Esa Lindell To New Contract. Defending Big D (26 June 2017).
- "Stars sign Esa Lindell to two-year contract extension", 26 June 2017.
- Stars sign defensemen Esa Lindell to 6-year contract extension (16 May 2019). Retrieved on 16 May 2019.
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Esa Lindell. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|