|5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
196 lb (89 kg)
|Born||May 21, 1985,|
Quebec City, QC, CAN
|NHL Draft||273rd overall, 2004|
|Pro Career||2006 – present|
Dylan Hunter (born May 21, 1985 in Quebec City, Quebec) is an ice hockey player, who is a former captain of the London Knights of the OHL and currently playing for the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL. On May 27, 2011 he signed a contract with Slovenian champions Acroni Jesenice. He was drafted 273rd overall in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft by the Buffalo Sabres, in the 9th round. He is the son of former Washington Capitals player Dale Hunter. He is currently the Assistant Coach to the London Knights
Early life[edit | edit source]
Dylan is one of the three children born to Dale Hunter and his wife Karynka. He was born in Quebec City when his dad was a member of the Quebec Nordiques but grew up in the Washington, D.C. area when his dad was traded to the Washington Capitals.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
- Member of Team Ontario in the World Under-17 Championships in Selkirk, Manitoba.
- Member of the Canada/Russia Challenge Series in November 2004.
- Member of the Memorial Cup Champion London Knights (2005).
- Became Knights franchise leader in games played on December 2, 2005 (275).
- Captain of the London Knights (2005/2006 season).
- With Rob Schremp and David Bolland, Hunter was one-third of one of the most productive lines in the Canadian Hockey League during the 2005/2006 season.
- Named American Hockey League Player of the Week for the week ending November 5, 2007.
Awards[edit | edit source]
- 2003–04 OHL Western Conference Third Team All-Star.
- 2004–05 OHL Western Conference All-Star.
- 2005–06 OHL Western Conference All-Star.
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Dylan Hunter. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|