|6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
180 lb (82 kg)
|Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees|
Columbus Blue Jackets
HC Slavia Praha
|Born||May 12, 1984,|
Airdrie, AB, CAN
|Pro Career||2007 – present|
Campbell played two years of junior hockey in the Alberta Junior Hockey League with the Canmore Eagles and Olds Grizzlys before moving on to the NCAA in 2004 with the University of Alaska Fairbanks. After three seasons of college hockey, Campbell turned pro, signing as a free agent with the Columbus Blue Jackets on March 19, 2007. Campbell made his NHL debut on March 30, 2007 against the Chicago Blackhawks.
After starting the 2007–08 season with the Syracuse Crunch in the AHL, Campbell was traded by the Blue Jackets with Philippe Dupuis to the Colorado Avalanche for Mark Rycroft on January 22, 2008. He was then assigned to the Avalanche's affiliate the Lake Erie Monsters.
In the 2008–09 season, Campbell spent the entire year with Lake Erie playing a career high 74 games. Campbell was recalled by the Avalanche on February 19, 2009, but didn't play a game before returning to the Monsters.
On June 10, 2009, Campbell a free agent, signed in Finland for the TPS of the SM-liiga on a one-year deal. Campbell played in 33 games with TPS in the 2009–10 season, before transferring to HC Slavia Praha of the Czech League on January 16, 2010. After posting only 1 assist in 12 games to end the regular season, Campbell improved to help Praha advance to the semi-finals scoring a 1 and three assists in 16 post season games.
Without a new contract offer from Praha, Campbell returned to North America and signed a one-year contract with Texas based Rio Grande Killer Bees of the CHL. After an unsuccessful try-out at the AHL's San Antonio Rampage training camp, Campbell started the 2010–11 season with the Killer Bees.
|2006–07||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||1||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2007–08||Lake Erie Monsters||AHL||8||1||0||1||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||Lake Erie Monsters||AHL||74||7||8||15||61||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||HC Slavia Praha||CZE||12||0||1||1||14||16||1||3||4||10|
|2010–11||Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees||CHL||60||16||46||62||59||3||0||1||1||2|
Awards and honours
|Central Hockey League|
- Campbell signs with Columbus Blue Jackets. Alaskanooks.cstv.com (2007-03-19). Retrieved on 2008-11-12.
- Campbell ready for NHL debut against Chicago. alaskanooks.cstv.com (2007-03-29). Retrieved on 2008-11-12.
- Jackets trade for Avs' Rycroft. ESPN (2008-01-22). Retrieved on 2008-11-12.
- Avalanche recalls Campbell. Colorado Avalanche (2009-02-19). Retrieved on 2009-06-10.
- TPS signs Darcy Campbell from North America (Finnish). TPS (2009-06-10). Retrieved on 2009-06-10.
- Darcy Campbell comes to Slavia Praha (Czech). HC Slavia Praha (2010-01-16). Retrieved on 2010-03-01.
- Bees add experienced forward, defenseman. The Monitor (2010-09-14). Retrieved on 2010-09-16.
- San Antonio Rampage (2010-09-30). Rampage release three players. oursportscentral.com. Retrieved on 2010-10-18.
- All-CHL team announced. Wane.com (2011-03-21). Retrieved on 2011-03-21.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Darcy Campbell. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|