|Born||January 30, 1994,|
|5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb)
|New York Rangers|
San Jose Sharks
|NHL Draft||138th overall, 2012|
San Jose Sharks
Daniel O'Regan (born January 30, 1994) is a German-born American professional ice hockey forward who is currently playing for the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League (NHL). O'Regan was selected by the San Jose Sharks in the fifth-round (138th overall) of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. He is the son of former professional ice hockey player Tom O'Regan.
Playing career[edit | edit source]
O’Regan spent parts of his childhood in Germany, where he started skating. After his father had retired from professional ice hockey, the family returned to the United States, settling in Needham, Massachusetts.
He attended Roxbury Latin School in West Roxbury, Massachusetts, before transferring to St. Sebastian’s School in Needham, Massachusetts, after his sophomore year. He attended the USA Hockey's National Team Development Program and subsequently enrolled at Boston University in 2012, leading the Terriers in points as a freshman, while making the Hockey East All-Rookie Team. He received Hockey East Second Team honors as a junior, helping BU win the Hockey East championship and was named to the All-Regional Team (NCAA Tournament). An assistant captain his senior year, he was named a Hockey East First Team All-Star. O’Regan played 154 games wearing a Terriers' uniform, tallying 66 goals and 88 assists to become the first BU player to pass the 150-point mark since 1998.
In April 2016, he signed a two-year entry-level contract with the San Jose Sharks of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was initially assigned to AHL affiliate, the San Jose Barracuda to begin the 2016–17 season. On November 21, 2016, O'Regan was recalled from the Barracuda by the San Jose Sharks to make his NHL debut against the New Jersey Devils. He was scoreless as the Sharks were victorious in a 4-0 shutout effort. O'Regan was soon returned to the Barracuda and continued to lead the club in scoring in his first professional season. In 63 regular season games, O'Regan compiled a league best 58 points as a rookie, helping the Barracuda to their first pacific division title. He added 7 points in 15 post-season games before suffering defeat in the Western Conference finals to the Grand Rapids Griffins. O'Regan was awarded as the AHL's Rookie of the Year and earned a selection to the AHL All-Rookie Team.
During the 2017–18 season, on February 26, 2018, the Sharks traded O'Regan along with a conditional first-round and fourth-round pick in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft to the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for Evander Kane. He was called up by Buffalo for the first time on March 7, 2018, reuniting O'Regan with his two linemates from Boston University, Jack Eichel and Evan Rodrigues.
On July 1, 2019, O'Regan was signed as a free agent to a one-year, two-way contract with the New York Rangers.
International play[edit | edit source]
Personal[edit | edit source]
Career statistics[edit | edit source]
Regular season and playoffs[edit | edit source]
|2010–11||Saint Sebastian's School||USHS||27||25||25||50||10||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Saint Sebastian's School||USHS||26||20||34||54||12||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||U.S. National Development Team||USHL||7||3||2||5||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||San Jose Barracuda||AHL||63||23||35||58||10||15||4||3||7||6|
|2016–17||San Jose Sharks||NHL||3||1||0||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2017–18||San Jose Barracuda||AHL||31||7||18||25||12||—||—||—||—||—|
|2017–18||San Jose Sharks||NHL||19||0||4||4||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2019–20||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||62||11||27||38||24||—||—||—||—||—|
International[edit | edit source]
Awards and honors[edit | edit source]
|HE All-Rookie Team||2013|
|HE Second All-Star Team||2015|
|HE First All-Star Team||2016|
|East Second All-American Team||2016|
|New England D1 All-Stars||2016|
|Dudley "Red" Garrett Memorial Award||2017|||
References[edit | edit source]
- Daniel O'Regan.
- Final Beanpot for Hockey's Danny O'Regan | BU Today | Boston University.
- O'Regan Following Father's Path | Amateur Hockey News | February 25, 2011.
- Danny O'Regan Bio - GoTerriers.com - Official Home of Boston University Athletics. Archived from the original on 2016-03-30.
- O'Regan shines in last game at home as Boston University ousts Massachusetts (en-US) (2016-03-06).
- Danny O'Regan Inks ELC With San Jose - TSS (en-US).
- Sharks blank Devils. National Hockey League (2016-11-21). Retrieved on 2016-11-21.
- AHL All-Rookie Team named. American Hockey League (2017-04-05). Retrieved on 2017-04-05.
- Sabres acquire O'Regan, picks from Sharks (February 26, 2018). Retrieved on February 27, 2018.
- Sabres recall O'Regan from Rochester (March 7, 2018). Retrieved on March 7, 2018.
- Rangers agree to terms with Greg McKegg and Danny O'Regan. New York Rangers (July 1, 2019). Retrieved on July 1, 2019.
- United States - 2014 IIHF World Junior Championship - International Ice Hockey Federation IIHF.
- For Danny O'Regan, Beanpot is a family affair. The Daily Free Press (2015-02-03).
- O'Regan voted AHL's outstanding Rookie. American Hockey League (2017-04-13). Retrieved on 2017-04-13.
[edit | edit source]
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Danny O'Regan. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|