The Dan Snyder Memorial Trophy is awarded each year to the player of the Ontario Hockey League that is the most humanitarian. Each year the OHL awards a player that has demonstrated outstanding qualities as a positive role model in the community with the OHL Humanitarian Award.
The Ontario Hockey League Board of Governors announced in November 2003 that the OHL Humanitarian of the Year award was renamed in recognition of the former Owen Sound Platers captain, Dan Snyder, who died from injuries sustained in an automobile accident in September 2003.
"This is a fitting tribute to a young man who epitomized what it means to be a good citizen," said OHL Commissioner David Branch. "He was a role model on the ice where he consistently overachieved. More importantly, Dan was a role model off the ice for the young people in the Owen Sound community and everywhere he went. He is sorely missed by the entire Ontario Hockey League and we are truly honoured to be able to recognize him each year with the OHL Humanitarian of the Year award."
Winners[edit | edit source]
- 2008–09 Chris Terry, Plymouth Whalers
- 2007–08 Peter Stevens, Kingston Frontenacs
- 2006–07 Andrew Gibbons, Belleville Bulls
- 2005–06 Mike Angelidis, Owen Sound Attack
- 2004–05 Jeff MacDougald, Peterborough Petes
- 2003–04 Chris Campoli, Erie Otters
- 2002–03 Michael Mole, Belleville Bulls
- 2001–02 David Silverstone, Belleville Bulls
- 2000–01 Joey Sullivan, Erie Otters
- 1999–2000 Dan Tessier, Ottawa 67's
- 1998–99 Ryan McKie, Sudbury Wolves
- 1997–98 Jason Metcalfe, London Knights
- 1996–97 Mike Martone, Peterborough Petes
- 1995–96 Craig Mills, Belleville Bulls
- 1994–95 Brad Brown, North Bay Centennials
- 1993–94 Brent Tully, Peterborough Petes
- 1992–93 Keli Corpse, Kingston Frontenacs
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Dan Snyder Memorial Trophy. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|