| 5 ft 7 in (1.7 m)|
160 lb (73 kg)
|Teams|| Toronto Maple Leafs|
New York Rangers
Detroit Red Wings
St. Louis Eagles
New York Americans
Chicago Black Hawks
|Born|| January 6,1907,|
Chelsea, MA, USA
|Died|| September 13,1993 (age 86),|
|Pro Career||1926 – 1938|
Voss became the league's first rookie of the year in the 1932–33 NHL season. Born in Chelsea, Massachusetts, he scored the Stanley Cup-winning goal for the Chicago Black Hawks in the 1938 finals. Voss was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1974 as a builder, having helped the NHL and many other hockey leagues improve their officiating standards through training programs as the head referee of the NHL.
Prior to playing professional hockey Voss was a member of the Queen's Golden Gaels football team that won the Grey Cup in 1924. He is one of two people along with Lionel Conacher that have won both the Stanley Cup and the Grey Cup.
|1926–27||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||12||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|1928–29||Toronto Maple Leafs||NHL||2||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|1932–33||New York Rangers||NHL||10||2||1||3||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|1932–33||Detroit Red Wings||NHL||38||6||14||20||6||4||1||1||2||9|
|1933–34||Detroit Red Wings||NHL||8||0||2||2||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|1934–35||St. Louis Eagles||NHL||48||13||18||31||14||—||—||—||—||—|
|1935–36||New York Americans||NHL||46||3||9||12||10||5||0||0||0||0|
|1937–38||Chicago Black Hawks||NHL||33||3||8||11||0||10||3||2||5||0|
- Signed as a free agent by Toronto, February 16, 1927.
- Traded to Buffalo (IHL) by Toronto with Wes King for Gord Brydson, October 10, 1929.
- Traded to New York Rangers by Buffalo (IHL) for Lorne Carr and $15,000, October 4, 1932.
- Traded to Detroit by New York Rangers for cash, December 11, 1932.
- Traded to Ottawa by Detroit with cash for Cooney Weiland, November 26, 1933.
- Transferred to St. Louis after Ottawa franchise relocated, September 22, 1934.
- Claimed by Detroit from St. Louis in Dispersal Draft, October 15, 1935.
- Traded to New York Americans by Detroit for Pete Kelly, October 16, 1935.
- Traded to Montreal. Maroons by New York Americans for Joe Lamb and $10,000, September 6, 1936.
- Signed as a free agent by Chicago, December 6, 1937.
- Suffered career-ending knee injury in training camp, September 30, 1938.
|NHL Rookie of the Year|
| Succeeded by|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Carl Voss. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|